News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers What factors do you think influence these decisions Do we become used to bad news Would it be better if more good news was reported

News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported?

In these years, there is a growing recognition that media has gargantuan impacts on our social lives and it also plays significant political role as it is predominantly at the centre of the people’s attention. Therefore, some people are of the opinion that media market and media programs notably news should be controlled all the time.

The first reason for promoting media censorship is rooted in the fact that media has become inevitable inseparable parts of our lives. News can be taken as an example. People’s exposure to news has increased significantly recently as people are informed with it in every single hour. Since there is very close connection between people and news, this linkage might have potential to alter people’s attitudes in both positive and negative ways on particular subjects. In the light of these facts, news is considered to be real political threat.

Yet to the best of my knowledge, much more negative news than positive ones is being broadcasted on TV and radio. People are getting used to bad news and this radical change can be attributed to those media programs that portray terroristic acts, natural disasters and wars all the time. Consequently, people are losing their hopes and wishes and they are not even expecting the situation to improve. In this way they do not appear to be considering about reliability of these bad news and I believe majority of those programs are created or just simply imagined to promote conflict between two countries.

As outlined above, media censorship is crucial and vital issue in the 21th century and some negative effects of bad news should be taken into consideration before it is broadcasted and spread over a country in order to avoid bad outcomes. This can be achieved by imposing restraints in news, by making it more reliable and equalizing quantities of good and bad news.

More words wanted!

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts