Nowadays people are forgetting national celebrations and enjoying themselves on other days that are important to them personally. Discuss and give your opinion.

Celebrations, both public and private days, became an integral part of our social life. Although people are celebrating these two types of important days, I feel, they pay more attention in celebrating days that are personal in nature.

To begin with, public celebrations are the occasions in which people get a chance to know their national heroes, respect them, pass the knowledge about the knowledge of their great contributions to younger generation. However, today’s generation though they are celebrating it nobody is taking it as a serious event. The remaining time they are spending as an opportunity to finish their pending works or enjoy an outing. In short, people are engaged in deeds, which are not related to the public day. For instance, in children’s day the celebrations are limited in speeches about Jawaharlal Nehru or some stage performances. The remaining hours of the day all are engaged in their own personal works such as, cleaning the house, shopping or even finishing the home works. Besides, some people save this leaves and take it in another day to fulfill their personal needs.

On the other hand, private celebrations like birthdays or wedding anniversary celebrations bring more happiness and togetherness. People mostly apply for a leave and try to be with near and dear ones. The celebrations no matter big or small, people are often enjoying the whole day. Special foods, new clothes and exchanging gifts multiply the joy of these great occasions. These days are considered as the milestones of their personal life. People in these great days obliged to look back and realize and remind the happy moments once happened. It provides wonderful moments of get together. Family members and friends who are living apart are coming together. For instance, for the celebration of the wedding anniversary of old parents, sons and daughters from different continents even gather. This personal important moments paved way to another beautiful events. Public celebrations are not able to give this type of enjoyment. However, people nowadays chose these days to show their effluent to other people.

To conclude, though people are celebrating public and private celebrations, I feel, private celebrations have an upper hand and hold more depth. Personal celebrations are increasingly important because they are great occasions of get togetherness, sharing, enjoyment and reminders of good old days.

Sir... can i use public celebration instead of national celebrations..
is it off topic as i deal it as agree/disagree question..

Thanks
Tessy

Yes, it is a little out of topic and it is not agree/disagree essay.