The number of elderly people in the world is increasing. what do you think are the positive and negative effects of this trend?

Thanks to improved living standards and universal accessibility of medical facilities great majority of people have life expectancy to seventy or eighty. As we all are well aware, longevity is a positive sign in societies. But what exactly happens when the number of elderly people in the world increases. Let’s take a look at both sides of this issue.

On one hand, over the past two decade medical science has tried to find out ways to increase the life span of persons. There is no doubt that, longevity is measure of livability in a country. In addition to longevity in between people can be owing to the improvement of technology and societies. Therefore, longevity is indication that will emphasize the social welfare schemes are bearing fruit. It should be noted that, elderly persons have other benefits for close relatives and communities. They are more experienced and knowledgeable than before. Hereupon, these can be applied for guidance of younger generation.

On the other hand, society with elderly people is needful to more investment due to special cares and various diseases such as stroke, heart disease, diabetes, so on and so forth which are widespread in between aged population. Almost all of aged people are not able to work, they in retirement age needs to care by their children and other close relatives, owing to financial problems and personal affairs.

From what has been discussed one can draw the conclusion that, it is felt that although longevity all around the world is a positive indication, it is not without its drawbacks. One can not aspire for a society in which elderly people outnumber younger people. The future of a nation, definitely, is in its youth.

they in retirement age needs to care by their children and other close relatives,
they need to care by their children and other close relatives in retirement age,