You are hereIn order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the culturals and lifestyle of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the culturals and lifestyle of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

zha's picture

By zha - Posted on 19 November 2013

At this globalization age, it is essential to learn about different language. Many people must learn several language in order to help their social life such as for working, studying, and traveling. It is true that each people may have different approach to learn new language. However, I believe that the most proper approach in learning language is by learning about the country including its cultures and its lifestyles.

There are several ways for learning language which is depend on each personal choice. The first way is people only focus to learn only about language without including the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without involving the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without understand the pattern of the language. Such approach can be very risky while people try to practice the language they learn in to a real situation. The reason is because commonly a language represent cultures and lifestyles on the country. Thereby, people probably have some misunderstandings.

The second way is people learn about all the things that connected with the language. In this case it could be the culture and the lifestyle of the people who speak it. Those things could help learner to understand more effectively than when they only focus to learn the language. Accourding to many language expert, we can not really separated language with the culture and the lifestyle of the people who originally use it. Language is about the way to express each self. It is not only communication tool but also as an art.

Finally, it is crucial to know about the cultures and the lifestyles of a country while we are learning about its language. Language always link with both of them. Hence, we can easily understand what the meaning of the language we learn and manage to communicate properly.

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
In recent years, people watch more movies from overseas? What are the reasons for this? Should the government give financial support to local cinema to produce local films? Mubariz IELTS
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays most parents put a lot of pressure on their children to succeed. What are the reasons for parents to do this? Does it have a positive or a negative effect on children in general? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: It is true that each people may have different approach to learn new language.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to each and people

Sentence: There are several ways for learning language which is depend on each personal choice.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to is and depend

Sentence: The first way is people only focus to learn only about language without including the other things that can be related with the language.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to is and people

Sentence: In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without understand the pattern of the language.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to without and understand

Sentence: The second way is people learn about all the things that connected with the language.
Suggestion: Refer to is and people

Sentence: In this case it could be the culture and the lifestyle of the people who speak it.
Description: The fragment who speak it is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace speak with verb, past tense