You are hereIn order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the culturals and lifestyle of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the culturals and lifestyle of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

zha's picture

By zha - Posted on 19 November 2013

At this globalization age, it is essential to learn about different language. Many people must learn several language in order to help their social life such as for working, studying, and traveling. It is true that each people may have different approach to learn new language. However, I believe that the most proper approach in learning language is by learning about the country including its cultures and its lifestyles.

There are several ways for learning language which is depend on each personal choice. The first way is people only focus to learn only about language without including the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without involving the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without understand the pattern of the language. Such approach can be very risky while people try to practice the language they learn in to a real situation. The reason is because commonly a language represent cultures and lifestyles on the country. Thereby, people probably have some misunderstandings.

The second way is people learn about all the things that connected with the language. In this case it could be the culture and the lifestyle of the people who speak it. Those things could help learner to understand more effectively than when they only focus to learn the language. Accourding to many language expert, we can not really separated language with the culture and the lifestyle of the people who originally use it. Language is about the way to express each self. It is not only communication tool but also as an art.

Finally, it is crucial to know about the cultures and the lifestyles of a country while we are learning about its language. Language always link with both of them. Hence, we can easily understand what the meaning of the language we learn and manage to communicate properly.

Some people think lawbreakers should be sent to prisons while other claim they should be made to work in communities, discuss both and give your own opinion. miswar
More and more qualified people are moving from poor to rich countries to fill vacancies in specialist areas like engineering, computing and medicine. Some people believe that by encouraging the movement of such people, rich countries are stealing from poo marzieh
some people think that parents should teach children how to be good member of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these reviews, and give your opinion indra13 sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billions) of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make a comparisons where relevant. Keerakiat
Do small children learn more quickly than adults? Tessy James
Trade and travel would be easier with a single,global currency that we will use .Do you agree or disagree with this statement?would a single currency cause any problem? maryam2900
It is often said that the subjects taught in schools are too academic in orientation and that it would be more useful for children to learn about practical matters such as home management, work and interpersonal skills. To what extent do you agree or disa Ksenia
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. Discuss both these view arman665
The chart below shows the sleep patterns of people in five different occupations according to Canadian study. Give possible reason for the difference. muftia anwar
Nowadays, more and more students are going to abroad for their studies. What are the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad. Discuss both these views and givd your own opinion Amritpal

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Universities should accept equal number of male and female student in every subject.To what extent di yiu agree or disagree ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision making positions in governments; others however disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Blackgold IELTS Writing Task II
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Transport Modes in a European City 1960-2000 djongiskhan IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I

Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in a newspaper. What factors do you think influence their decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported? Nida Masood IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: It is true that each people may have different approach to learn new language.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to each and people

Sentence: There are several ways for learning language which is depend on each personal choice.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to is and depend

Sentence: The first way is people only focus to learn only about language without including the other things that can be related with the language.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to is and people

Sentence: In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without understand the pattern of the language.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to without and understand

Sentence: The second way is people learn about all the things that connected with the language.
Suggestion: Refer to is and people

Sentence: In this case it could be the culture and the lifestyle of the people who speak it.
Description: The fragment who speak it is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace speak with verb, past tense