Essay topics: In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the culturals and lifestyle of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
At this globalization age, it is essential to learn about different language. Many people must learn several language in order to help their social life such as for working, studying, and traveling. It is true that each people may have different approach to learn new language. However, I believe that the most proper approach in learning language is by learning about the country including its cultures and its lifestyles.
There are several ways for learning language which is depend on each personal choice. The first way is people only focus to learn only about language without including the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without involving the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without understand the pattern of the language. Such approach can be very risky while people try to practice the language they learn in to a real situation. The reason is because commonly a language represent cultures and lifestyles on the country. Thereby, people probably have some misunderstandings.
The second way is people learn about all the things that connected with the language. In this case it could be the culture and the lifestyle of the people who speak it. Those things could help learner to understand more effectively than when they only focus to learn the language. Accourding to many language expert, we can not really separated language with the culture and the lifestyle of the people who originally use it. Language is about the way to express each self. It is not only communication tool but also as an art.
Finally, it is crucial to know about the cultures and the lifestyles of a country while we are learning about its language. Language always link with both of them. Hence, we can easily understand what the meaning of the language we learn and manage to communicate properly.
- Fatherhood ought to be emphasised as much as motherhood. The idea that women are solely responsible for deciding whether or not to have babies leads on the idea that they are also responsible for bringing the children up.To what extent do you agree or dis (53.3333)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (73.33329999999999)
- the two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities (67)
- Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome curtural differences. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (74.28570000000001)
- The graph below shows the number of complaints made about noise to Environmental Health authorities in the city of Newton between 1980 and 1996. Summerise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (60)
- Some people believe that personal happiness is directly related to economic success. Others believe there are other factors. Discuss the two sides and give your opinion. (73.33329999999999)
- Television is dangerous because it destroys family life and any sense of community; instead of visiting people or talking with our family we just watch television. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (63.3333)
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004. (65)
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that circumstances of an individual crime, and motivation for commiting, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. (60)
- The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Summarise the informatioan by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. (60)