You are hereIn order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the culturals and lifestyle of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In order to learn a language well, we should also learn about the country as well as the culturals and lifestyle of the people who speak it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

zha's picture

By zha - Posted on 19 November 2013

At this globalization age, it is essential to learn about different language. Many people must learn several language in order to help their social life such as for working, studying, and traveling. It is true that each people may have different approach to learn new language. However, I believe that the most proper approach in learning language is by learning about the country including its cultures and its lifestyles.

There are several ways for learning language which is depend on each personal choice. The first way is people only focus to learn only about language without including the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without involving the other things that can be related with the language. In this way, people might just understand about the basic of the language without understand the pattern of the language. Such approach can be very risky while people try to practice the language they learn in to a real situation. The reason is because commonly a language represent cultures and lifestyles on the country. Thereby, people probably have some misunderstandings.

The second way is people learn about all the things that connected with the language. In this case it could be the culture and the lifestyle of the people who speak it. Those things could help learner to understand more effectively than when they only focus to learn the language. Accourding to many language expert, we can not really separated language with the culture and the lifestyle of the people who originally use it. Language is about the way to express each self. It is not only communication tool but also as an art.

Finally, it is crucial to know about the cultures and the lifestyles of a country while we are learning about its language. Language always link with both of them. Hence, we can easily understand what the meaning of the language we learn and manage to communicate properly.