You are hereIn the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small com

In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area.What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small com

rkd's picture

By rkd - Posted on 15 November 2013

In the past, most people lived in small villages where everyone knew everyone else. Nowadays, most people live in large cities where they only know a few people in their area.
What do you think were the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small community ?

In the past, most people live in small community where there were born. Nevertheless, now people tent to live in large cities. As a result, the way people life has changed. There were advantages and disadvantages of living in a small village.

At the beginning, everyone knew the other else and in the village everyone spoke to everyone else, so we can feel no lonely. The other opinion, we can get natural food. It cause people in village like to eat natural meal more than fast food with much of chemist ingredients inside like urban people. In addition, parent more care to their children, so they will get a good behavior, humble and respectful person.

Nonetheless, there were a number of disadvantages. They could not get good formal education because almost people had to work in farm or field. Sometimes, young people are ambitious, they had to move to the city. Also, when someone got ill, it would be a long way to reach the hospital.

Recently, the world has became developed now and it pushes us to be developed. If we do not follow it, we will be left by the time, but we should be clever to choose which one to follow. In a conclusion, it seems that people from small village were happier. However, in the city life, which all the possibilities are exist today. In my opinion, life in a large city have more benefits for develop our life being exist than in a small village.

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations
Name Date Scores Full evaluations
daneiz 3 hours 31 min ago 71.34 How do you do, it is my pleasure to meet you.
daneiz 3 hours 33 min ago 71.63 Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to my birthday party. Hope you have a good time.
newlife 1 day 23 hours ago 74.13 Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.
newlife 1 day 23 hours ago 66.69 Hi, good to see you again.
newlife 1 day 23 hours ago 67.54 May I have your name, please?
newlife 1 day 23 hours ago 66.48 She is very well, thank you.