People are living longer than ever before At the same time the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising Will this development be a benefit for the society What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old people in

People are living longer than ever before. At the same time the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising. Will this development be a benefit for the society? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old people in the country?

Nowadays, in some countries there is a deduction in the number of young people who are valuable members of the society for work, progress, development, breeding and so on. Despite the fact that elderly people are respectful and honorable segments of society, decrease in number of young people has some benefits and drawbacks.

From one side having old people in a society is beneficial. First of all, they are good help for the family since they can take care of their grandchildren while their parents are at work. Secondly, they are valuable source for information and experiences and thus they can help youngsters to reach their goals easily. Lastly, senior members of each society are the center of the families who manage all the family gatherings and make family ties stronger.

From other side there are some disadvantages about having increase in the number of old people. Initially, society has to devote big financial resources for their health care and insurance. In addition taking care of old people is a burden on the shoulder of the family and consequently they send old people to the elderly nursing house which cost too much for them. Besides, when the number of young individuals decrease, the number of inventions and new ideas goes down as well, since the older people prefer to do their routines with no creativity. Furthermore, deduction in number of young people is a danger for the existence of the society in the future.

To sum up, although senior members of the society are respectful and great sources of experiences, the young people are more efficient in having a developed society because they are full of energy and practical ideas.