A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?Give reasons for

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

Nowadays, a person is judged as per having more money and social status. I am not completely agree with this statement. In past, there were more values of honour, kindness and trust, but now some people believe that it is not longer true. This essay analyses the reasons for and against the issue.

Some who endorse this view, and believe that it is still values of honour and kindness. To illustrate this view, Amitabh Bachchan who is great Indian film star, is revered for his lots of contribution to the film industry. He is known for his diligence, perseverance, but not for his material possessions. What is more, Bil gates who is also famous for commencing software company, and change the path of today’s world . Not only these persons, but also Gandhiji, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel were renowned for their great kindness towards people. If people were judged for having wealth and luxurious things like bunglow, cars then the world would not experience dramatic chage than it was ever in past.

In contrast, others might argue that the some people is only renowned for their wealth. Dhirubhai Ambani, for example, was not known in earlier times as he was very poor guy, but now he is known for his wealth possession. However, those who believe this view, may forget that he is revered as a great magnate who had nothing in earlier times, but he made values and his position in society by doing hard work.

To encapsulate, after analyzing all the reasons mentioned above, I concur that individual is honoured for his hard work, perseverance, kindness and contribution to society not for his material possession.

hai..

What about Mother Tharesa ' the mother of poor people'. Though a foreign nun, she worked among neglected poor people and still honered and remembered by all. This is a better example than Amithab Bachan who is honered as a filim star (celebrity)...?

Tessy..

I am not completely agree with this statement.
Suggestion: I do not completely agree with this statement.

agree is a verb.

it is not longer true.
Suggestion: it is no longer true.

Sentence: If people were judged for having wealth and luxurious things like bunglow, cars then the world would not experience dramatic chage than it was ever in past.
Error: chage Suggestion: No alternate word

flawss:

More words, higher marks.