Popular events like the Football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tension and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way

Sports has always played an inevitable part in human life. People play various sports to entertain and relax themselves. It could be the way of earning money. There is no doubt that big events like Olympics have played and immense role in easing up tensions across the international borders. As a big sports supporter, I believe they even play a vital role in releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.

Now-a-days sports are played on very large scale,especially the Olympics and football world cup where almost the whole world participates. People from different rival nations can easily be seen supporting, hugging each other and crying for players of rival nations. To exemplify,In 1995, a football match played between India and china reflected the emotional side of china's supporters. Their patriotism was seen through their emotions,as they were excited and nervous at the same time during match. they supported their players and a few of the supporters even ran to field to carry their players on their shoulders to give respect for winning the match.

In contrast, these matches sometimes fuel up the tension,especially in a match between India and Pakistan.It is always a do or die situation for both the players and supporters. No matter what the result is, both can be seen blaming the opposite side and most of these events have tragic endings.Even the players are not safe after losing a match as the patriotic emotions of the citizens of the country may explode in a dangerous manner.

Summing up, I would say that these international events do bring people closer to each other but they cannot be seen as the fundamental way easing tensions across borders.

You may put one more reason.