You are hereWith the pressure on today's people to succeed academically, some people believe that non-academic subjects at school (e.g.: physical education and cookery should be removed from the syllabus so that children can wholly concentrate on academic subjects. T
With the pressure on today's people to succeed academically, some people believe that non-academic subjects at school (e.g.: physical education and cookery should be removed from the syllabus so that children can wholly concentrate on academic subjects. T
In this day and age, it is widely believed that time in school should be purely devoted to academic subjects like language and mathematics, which are most essential for young people to get a well-paid job in the future. Conversely, some people claim that non-academic subjects should be removed from the curriculum. Although studying them is not essential from an academic perspective, it is necessary for children to have a well-rounded education. Moreover, education without such non-academic subjects as music and physical education would certainly be boring and colourless.
In one hand, due to of technological enhancement, academic knowledge nowadays is more necessary than artistic o ...
You can subscribe as testbig VIP users and get unlimited access to essays on the top list; and more advantages...
- Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become positive or negative development?
- Writing task 1
- Some people claim that what people it in many Western countries is unhealthy and that their diet is getting worse. Critics say these countries should change their diet. What are your opinions on this?
- writing task 1 ( 04.07.13)
- Scientists and the news media are presenting ever more evidence of climate change. Governments cannot be expected to solve this problem. It is the responsibility of individuals to change their lifestyle to prevent further damage. What are your views?
- The charts below show UK and USA energy consumption in 2000 and 2006.
- The diagram below shows the average hours of unpaid work per week done by people in different categories. (Unpaid work refers to such activities as childcare in the home, housework and gardening.)Describe the information presented below, comparing results
- The migration of people to cities is one of the biggest problems facing the world’s cities today. Discuss the main causes. What solutions could be used to tackle the situation?
- It is generally agreed that the amount of rubbish created by humans today is a worldwide problem. What do you think are the main causes of this situation? What measures can be used to tackle the problem?