You are here“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?
“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?
“Prevention is better than cure.”
Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?
It is an obvious fact that the governments of the world countries spend billions of dollars on health and the major part of this budget is diverted to treatment. However, most of people think it would be a better solution to allocate more funds to preventative measures and health education. Before drawing the quick conclusion it needs to be discussed why it is important to pay more attention to prophylactic precautions.
To start with, I would like to mention that there are a variety of diseases, such as cancer, AIDS and etc. cannot be treated effectively and they cause a large number of deaths every year. Moreover, the only way to protect people from these terrible diseases is to inform them about the precautions which need money to be advertised on TVs, magazines and etc. For instance, governments and charity organizations allocate a lot of money to treat people who suffer from AIDS. But it is an undeniable fact that, to date, no man can be cured from AIDS. On this occasion, if governments pay more attention to preventative measures and they help people protect themselves from mortal diseases as I indicated above, I strongly believe the death rates from them will decrease significantly.
Secondly, I think if governments allocate more funds to preventative measures, they would save more money. Obviously, preventative precautions cost less than treatment.
However, despite I emphasized the role of preventative measures above, it cannot be claimed that treatment is not important. Without treatment health system means nothing. But in my view it would be more effective a large part of the budget is diverted to preventative measures.
Take into account of all these factors, it can be said prevention is better than cure, because it saves money and time and at the same time, it decreases the risk on people’s health.
|daneiz||1 day 55 min ago||71.34||How do you do, it is my pleasure to meet you.|
|daneiz||1 day 57 min ago||71.63||Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to my birthday party. Hope you have a good time.|
|newlife||2 days 20 hours ago||74.13||Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.|
|newlife||2 days 20 hours ago||66.69||Hi, good to see you again.|
|newlife||2 days 20 hours ago||67.54||May I have your name, please?|
|newlife||2 days 20 hours ago||66.48||She is very well, thank you.|
- The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where releva
- The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
- Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sport facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both these views and give you
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do.
- The world is experiencing a dramatic increase in population. This is causing not only for poor, undeveloped countries, but also for industrialized and developing nations. Describe some of the problems that overpopulation causes, and suggest at least one p
- Some governments say how many children a family can have in their country. They may control the number of children has through taxes. It is sometimes necessary and right for a government to control the population in this way.Do you agree or disagree?
- Going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture.
- The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.