You are here“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Yves's picture

By Yves - Posted on 30 April 2013

“Prevention is better than cure.”
Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is an obvious fact that the governments of the world countries spend billions of dollars on health and the major part of this budget is diverted to treatment. However, most of people think it would be a better solution to allocate more funds to preventative measures and health education. Before drawing the quick conclusion it needs to be discussed why it is important to pay more attention to prophylactic precautions.

To start with, I would like to mention that there are a variety of diseases, such as cancer, AIDS and etc. cannot be treated effectively and they cause a large number of deaths every year. Moreover, the only way to protect people from these terrible diseases is to inform them about the precautions which need money to be advertised on TVs, magazines and etc. For instance, governments and charity organizations allocate a lot of money to treat people who suffer from AIDS. But it is an undeniable fact that, to date, no man can be cured from AIDS. On this occasion, if governments pay more attention to preventative measures and they help people protect themselves from mortal diseases as I indicated above, I strongly believe the death rates from them will decrease significantly.

Secondly, I think if governments allocate more funds to preventative measures, they would save more money. Obviously, preventative precautions cost less than treatment.
However, despite I emphasized the role of preventative measures above, it cannot be claimed that treatment is not important. Without treatment health system means nothing. But in my view it would be more effective a large part of the budget is diverted to preventative measures.

Take into account of all these factors, it can be said prevention is better than cure, because it saves money and time and at the same time, it decreases the risk on people’s health.

What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. munira ab
The number of elderly people in the world is increasing. what do you think are the positive and negative effects of this trend? yas 2014
By investing in tourism, we can earn a lot of revenue and growth in national economy at the same time it damages the local culture. What is your opinion? banditdj
Invite a friend to join you for your next vacation. Please say- What are your plans?- Why do you want to travel with him/her?- Why do you think he/she will like it? Rahi
In many countries, the proportion of older people is increasing steadily. Do you think its is a positive or negative change to the society. mrmo2610 sticky icon
Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. fialka
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion farhanhar
Some say that people living in high-rise apartments are lonely and unhappy, while others say that it’s advantageous to stay in high-rise apartments. Discuss advantages and disadvantages. Give your opinion. SIMI
People in all modern societies use drugs, but today's youth are experimenting with both legal and illegal drugs, and at an increasingly early age. Some sociologists claim that parents an do there members of society often set a bad example.Discuss the caus hitzy143
People are living longer now than ever before. At the same time the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising. Will this development be a benefit for the society? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old pe hari100

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that cell phones should be for personal use only; others, however, feel cell phones should be used mostly for work. Discuss both views and give your opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Global warming is one of the most serious issues that world is facing today. What are the causes of global warming and what measures can governments and individuals take to tackle the issue. Kate Võ IELTS
Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of th eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: However, despite I emphasized the role of preventative measures above, it cannot be claimed that treatment is not important.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to despite and I

Be sensitive to use However, But.