You are here“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Yves's picture

By Yves - Posted on 30 April 2013

“Prevention is better than cure.”
Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is an obvious fact that the governments of the world countries spend billions of dollars on health and the major part of this budget is diverted to treatment. However, most of people think it would be a better solution to allocate more funds to preventative measures and health education. Before drawing the quick conclusion it needs to be discussed why it is important to pay more attention to prophylactic precautions.

To start with, I would like to mention that there are a variety of diseases, such as cancer, AIDS and etc. cannot be treated effectively and they cause a large number of deaths every year. Moreover, the only way to protect people from these terrible diseases is to inform them about the precautions which need money to be advertised on TVs, magazines and etc. For instance, governments and charity organizations allocate a lot of money to treat people who suffer from AIDS. But it is an undeniable fact that, to date, no man can be cured from AIDS. On this occasion, if governments pay more attention to preventative measures and they help people protect themselves from mortal diseases as I indicated above, I strongly believe the death rates from them will decrease significantly.

Secondly, I think if governments allocate more funds to preventative measures, they would save more money. Obviously, preventative precautions cost less than treatment.
However, despite I emphasized the role of preventative measures above, it cannot be claimed that treatment is not important. Without treatment health system means nothing. But in my view it would be more effective a large part of the budget is diverted to preventative measures.

Take into account of all these factors, it can be said prevention is better than cure, because it saves money and time and at the same time, it decreases the risk on people’s health.

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations
Name Date Scores Full evaluations
daneiz 1 day 55 min ago 71.34 How do you do, it is my pleasure to meet you.
daneiz 1 day 57 min ago 71.63 Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to my birthday party. Hope you have a good time.
newlife 2 days 20 hours ago 74.13 Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.
newlife 2 days 20 hours ago 66.69 Hi, good to see you again.
newlife 2 days 20 hours ago 67.54 May I have your name, please?
newlife 2 days 20 hours ago 66.48 She is very well, thank you.