You are here“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

“Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Yves's picture

By Yves - Posted on 30 April 2013

“Prevention is better than cure.”
Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is an obvious fact that the governments of the world countries spend billions of dollars on health and the major part of this budget is diverted to treatment. However, most of people think it would be a better solution to allocate more funds to preventative measures and health education. Before drawing the quick conclusion it needs to be discussed why it is important to pay more attention to prophylactic precautions.

To start with, I would like to mention that there are a variety of diseases, such as cancer, AIDS and etc. cannot be treated effectively and they cause a large number of deaths every year. Moreover, the only way to protect people from these terrible diseases is to inform them about the precautions which need money to be advertised on TVs, magazines and etc. For instance, governments and charity organizations allocate a lot of money to treat people who suffer from AIDS. But it is an undeniable fact that, to date, no man can be cured from AIDS. On this occasion, if governments pay more attention to preventative measures and they help people protect themselves from mortal diseases as I indicated above, I strongly believe the death rates from them will decrease significantly.

Secondly, I think if governments allocate more funds to preventative measures, they would save more money. Obviously, preventative precautions cost less than treatment.
However, despite I emphasized the role of preventative measures above, it cannot be claimed that treatment is not important. Without treatment health system means nothing. But in my view it would be more effective a large part of the budget is diverted to preventative measures.

Take into account of all these factors, it can be said prevention is better than cure, because it saves money and time and at the same time, it decreases the risk on people’s health.

harry india

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

musrah india

Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opi MisterWandering sticky icon
In many countries, more and more young people are leaving school and unable to find job after graduation. What peoblem do you think youth unemployment will cause to the individual and society? Give reasons and make suggestion. tika
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projection until 2030. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. goielts
Nowadays the way people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development ? Amandeep Singh
GENERAL TRAINING TASK 1One of your friends in a foreign country is starting an import – export business, and he has asked you to recommend a product from your country to him. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter, say what product you want to reco sliwer
In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work.Some people regard this as completely wrong,while others consider is as valuable work experience,important for learning and taking responsibility.What are your opinions on this? Lalayev
Using television has marginalized the importance of newspaper. Using computer and internet will end reading newspapers. Write an essay discussing agree with the claim. gurbaj.bajwa
Full-time university students need to spend a lot of time on their studies, but it is still essential to be involved in other activities. To what extent do you agree or disagree? phxac sticky icon
The chart and graph below give information about sales and share prices for Coca-Cola.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.•You should write at least 150 words.•You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Tessy James sticky icon
IELTS essay:Creative artists should be given freedom to express their ideas (words, pictures, music and films. However some people think government should take some restriction with them. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give.. essayking

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
You are going to help your friend's child to teach lessons. Write a letter to a teacher you know and borrow some books.1. Explain about the child in details.2. When and where to teach3. Mention about the books you want to borrow. swapnay
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon

In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

Sentence: However, despite I emphasized the role of preventative measures above, it cannot be claimed that treatment is not important.
Description: A preposition is not usually followed by a pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to despite and I

Be sensitive to use However, But.