“ Prevention is better than cure.”Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

“ Prevention is better than cure.”
Out of a country’s health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is dangerous that people always undergo treatment but without any prevention to virus. African suffers from the AIDS is a typical example, as they spread AIDS around without any prevention. We should divide a proportion of health budget to solve this problem at its source.

First, preventative measure can reduce the total output of treatment for government. The medicines for treatments are expensive, people cannot afford them frequently. Therefore, it is common that government in all over the world provides subsidies for citizens to buy those medicines easily. Thus, the total amount of subsidies the government needs to pay is unaccountably high. A great prevention can release government’s health budget pressure.

Moreover, it is beneficial for human’s body getting sick as less as possible. When we are suffering from sick, we may need to take a deep rest for at least few days with lots of medicines eaten. Our studies or works will be delayed or cancelled as a result. Therefore, it is best for people to never get sick. Owning a good prevention skill can be applied for this target.

Last but not least, it is hard to imagine that we live under an environment which spread over lots of virus. Let us think about that one got sick and contacted with others without any prevention, then the virus fly around and lead others get sick eventually and continuously. As a result, government needs to spend a large treatment subsidy for patents.

In conclusion, maybe it is not efficient and effective for government to spend a lion’s share of health budget on health teaching and preventative skills instantly, but we may be welcome to see the benefits for society, environment and individuals mentioned above in the future.

African suffers from the AIDS is a typical example,
African who suffers from the AIDS is a typical example,