In recent years, people watch more movies from overseas? What are the reasons for this? Should the government give financial support to local cinema to produce local films?

As a result of the development of technology people have a good chance to watch movies from overseas. Some people argue that foreign movies have bad consequences for people, namely for children while others are against of this idea and hold the opinion that movies from overseas give an opportunity for everyone to get familiar with foreigner’s lifestyle as well as their culture etc.

The reason why movies from overseas are watched more than local movies is that, the vast majority of people are reluctant to watch movies and see nothing new and they are keen on watching foreign people as well as the traditions shown on TV that they are unaccustomed. In addition, we must acknowledge that as the world is globalized people have a brilliant chance for learning foreign languages. For example, a student who studies English is eager to watch movies in English rather than in his native language.

As we mentioned above, people are more likely to watch movies from overseas which makes local movie industry to stagnate. In this regard, governments should take appropriate precautions therefore to thrive local cinema. For instance, utilizing subtitles in international languages on local movies can motivate foreigners to watch them. In addition, development of local cinema would be much profitable for governments. As an example, we can state the Oscar Ceremony which popularizes not only actors but also the cinema industry of the country.

In conclusion, I would like to reiterate that, governments should support the local cinema. On one hand, it makes local movies to integrate all over the world, and on other hand it is one of the most beneficial areas for the government.