Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life Which do you consider to be the major influence

Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life. Which do you consider to be the major influence?

Whether our inborn characteristics are more responsible in our resultant personality or any experiences we will make, has been the topic of discussion among scientists under the title of “Nature vs Nurture” for years. Biologists believe the only factor behind individual’s personality is his genome. In contrast, socio-biologists argue that the environment and experiences that one will gain during his life build his personality. I am inclined to believe that the traits we are born with are more responsible genetically in building human’s personality.

To begin with, human’s personality is genetically determined when he/she is born. Although some behavioral traits are acquisitive, however, the main character behind it won’t be changed fundamentally. For instance, someone who has an irritable temperament may learn how to control her aggressiveness when she gets irritated, but she won’t be modified to a new person who is calm and cold blooded.

Secondly, some characteristics are hereditary. In addition, when you are born, you have already inherited some part of your personality from your parents. From the point of family resemblance, you can see a father and his son are mutual in some characteristics. In spite of the fact that they have had different experiences in their lives, their main personages have not got changed. This is why criminals do not come from families with dignity.

On the whole, human’s development is the result of both initial characteristics and later experiences. However, there should be a background so as to get exposed to life experiences. Though, this background that is formed by genetics, is inconvertible.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts