Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life Which do you consider to be the major influence

Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.
Which do you consider to be the major influence?

It is clear that, human personality is shaped under the effect of innate traits and characteristics that are gained through life experiences. This fact has always triggered debatable question, whether nature is more influential on personality compared to nurture or vice versa. To my mind, there are strong arguments on behalf of both sides. Therefore, before jumping to conclusion, this topic needs to be discussed.

To begin with, human beings already have some traits coded in their genes which are impossible to change, when they are born. For instance, if person has the innate sense of envy, for this person, that sense can be decreased to some extent, but completely removing it is not probable. That is why, regardless how we live or what we go through, our character is always affected by our nature.

Nevertheless, while we grow up, we make friends, start to know people closely and those relationships teach us, what kind of features are welcomed, which ones are not. As a result, we attempt to promote our good sides and diminish bad sides. Furthermore, every person can face up to the big events which are known as the limestone of life, considering the fact that, such life experiences usually lead us to do big adjustments to our characteristics which cause big changes in our character.

To sum it up, taking all the above mentioned points into account, I’m firmly convinced that, both nature and nurture are equally important in the formation process of human personality. Thus, according to my point of view, it would not be fair to give one of those discussed factors priority over the other one.