The restoration of the old building in the major cities throughout the world involves the enormous government expenditure. This money would bring more benefit if it is used to provide new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagr

The restoration of the old building in the major cities throughout the world involves the enormous government expenditure. This money would bring more benefit if it is used to provide new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is true that large amounts of money have been allocated for building preservation these days. However, many people claim that this grant could be better utilized as there are several urgent problems that the governments should pay attention to, namely housing projects and highway construction. Personally, I am of mixed opinion on this.

To begin with, old buildings play an essential part in the modern society; therefore, restoration is a must for several reasons. Firstly, these constructions are the national heritage that the old generations passed on us. It is the descendants who have th...

Sentence: Vietnam, where huge restoration budget are spent every year on tourist attractions such as Old Quaters and Hanoi Temple of Literature, could be taken as an example of this.
Description: The fragment huge restoration budget is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Sentence: However, many people claim that this grant could be better utilzed as there are several urgent problems that the governments should pay attention to, namely housing projects and highway construction.
Error: utilzed Suggestion: utilized

Sentence: Firstly, these contructions are the national heritage that the old generations passed on us.
Error: contructions Suggestion: constructions

Sentence: No doubt life in these buildings is inconvinient and discomfortable, directly affecting the general living standards of the large cities.
Error: inconvinient Suggestion: inconvenient

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts