With the rise in popularity of the internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some centuries ago, newspapers were so popular because they were the only source of news, information and entertainment. The money spent on them was as vast as nowadays’ expenditure on Internet. By long period of time, due to developing technology, people’s preferences had changed. So that now, the Internet overtakes the popularity of newspapers. And as a result, newspapers soon will become a thing of the past, and only small quantity of population will buy and read them.

To my way of thinking, I believe that newspapers soon will become a thing of the past. Why? There are several reasons for that. First of all, due to modern technology, every family have at least one computer at home. Certainly, they have access to the Internet. The most important point here, is that by using it in everyday life, people are becoming more lazy. They just type whatever they need to computer and spend whole day flying in “another world” rather than going to shop and buy simple newspapers, which contain everything that Internet has, of course, without those rubbish. Secondly, in most workplaces, school institutions and universities people use Internet in order to fastly get what they need, rather than sitting and looking through information on newspapers. In most situations, as it can be said, Internet saves our lives.

More or less, newspapers always will be popular between OAP, as well as Internet among teenagers. Because many of our grandfathers and mothers can’t normally use Internet without anyone’s help. So, they buy newspapers owing to know what’s going on around and get some tasty recipes of cooks.

All in all, I believe that newspapers will soon become a thing of the past among people under the age of 60. But they will always be preferences of OAP no matter what time would be.