You are hereSample IELTS speaking: family (woman)

Sample IELTS speaking: family (woman)

By essayking - Posted on 11 October 2005

52. Is there any sex discrimination in your country? ( 5 - 8 )
52. Describe the position of woman in China? ( 5 - 8 )
One of the aspects I could tell you about regarding this topic is that there is some discrimination against woman in my country. For example, woman who are doing exactly the same job as men, are getting smaller salaries. Secondly, women are not considered for certain high level positions, like for example, in government. In addition, in many communities , women are still regarded as inferior to men. This is particularly the case in the rural communities. Lastly, parents prefer to have a boy as opposed to a girl. This is an unhealthy situation, as it will disturb the balance between the number of men and women in my country in the years to come.

53. What are the causes of sex discrimination? ( 5 - 8 )
One of the main reasons regarding this topic that I would like to highlight is the fact that men often determine the wages in the companies. Secondly, women are not seen as able to do certain jobs as well as men. For instance, construction work has always been seen as a man’s job. Lastly, many men still believe that a woman should stay at home, raise the kids, and be of service to her husband.

53. What are the causes of sex discrimination? ( 7 - 8 )
That’s an interesting question. Allow me to explain myself by shortly mentioning the following points: Firstly, I believe that discrimination against woman have deep roots in societies all over the world. In other words, it is not a present day phenomenon. Throughout history woman have not enjoyed the same status as men. It is only recently that woman have been filling the same positions in the work place. Lastly, I believe that it will take much more time to eradicate this practice. For example, as more and more woman become the sole breadwinners in families, they will have to be compensated as such irrespective of their sex.

54. Should housewives be paid a salary by the government? Why? (5-8)
Yes, I believe housewives should be paid a salary by the government. Firstly, to be a housewife is a job just as any other, and one should be paid for what you are doing. Secondly, the more housewives there are, the better. For example, housewives can spend more time with their babies, and so lay the foundation of healthy relationships.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

tuposwmv france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Some people argue that secondary school students should lean a subject about international news,while other people believe that it is a waste of school time. Describe the both arguments and say your opinion Azizat
2 weeks ago you bought a radio from a local branch of a well known chain of shops. It did not work properly. The shop took it back and said they would repair it. You have waited a week and still it is not ready.Write a letter to the shop complaining. Tell Dadas88
The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billions) of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Azizkhan sticky icon
The exploration and development of safe fossil fuels should be the most important global priority today.To what extend do you agree or disagree? panji
As English is now the world language and an essential skill in business, English language instruction should begin in kindergarten.'To what extent do you agree or disagree?Present your ideas and opinions with examples where necessary. aisha.oab sticky icon
Some people believe that our happiness depends on how much money we have. Others say that ‘money cannot buy happiness’.Do you think that having money is the key to happiness, or are there more important factors? rkd sticky icon
Nowadays people becoming parents later in life. Some think it is not a good development for the family and for the country. Do you agree or disagree with it? Give your own opinion. devabe2005
As the world becomes more technologically advanced, computers are replacing more and more jobs. Describe some job positions that may be lost because of computers, and discuss at least one problem that may result. sfaht1
It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast the knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? Use specific reasons and example to deens17
Education is life long task. Do you agree or disagree? falks405

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Tobacco and alcohol are drugs that cause addition and health problems. Should they be made illegal? Or should all drugs be legalized? marzieh
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Why should the government help working parents by providing child care facilities. Tessy James
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan

Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in different parts of world. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting main features, and make comparisons where relevant Kal-El
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon
The bar chart shows the scores of teams A,B and C over four different seasons. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. shi24

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon