School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.Do you agree or d

As the impact of technology development, computers are seen everywhere including schools. Kids today are familiar with this electronic equipment and use it to help their studies. This phenomenon impacts their literacy skills like reading and writing. Some people say that they should be taught like kids in the past without using any computers.

It is very clear that computers give us many benefits in processing something. While using the computer, we can produce the work fast and efficient. It is also very easy to search the information that we need from the internet. For example, when we want to teach our kids on butterfly metamorphosis process, we can simply search the complete video without looking for real caterpillar or butterfly. We can produce such nice looking essay or presentation slide with all its formatting with some quick clicks, unlike in the past when we had to type using typing machine.

On the other hand, the existence of computer has given some negative influences. Its easiness makes the kids lazy in writing because they can simply copy and paste the information. If we give them an assignment, they will search using Google with the correct keyword and claim it as their work. This kind of solution also makes the kids read less since all of the information they get from the internet is mostly correct.

So, I think it's better to teach them just like in the past, with no computers. It sounds very manual, but they will put more effort in fulfilling their assignments since no copying can be done easily. There are also some assignments that are better to be done without computer, for example like paper artwork. From this activity, kids' creativity can be sharpened and their soft muscles can be stimulated as well.