In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

These days, it is common that young people in several countries have a break from studying after finishing their high school. Students who have decent money prefer to travel around the world and gather a lot of information about different kinds of people who see while the other student who have not enough money to start their education in university, try to work to make money.

It is clear that making gap between finishing high school and starting university studies provide young people with golden opportunity to gain useful experience and valuable knowledge that relate to their lives. They can prepare themselves for new aspect of their fate and feel to be independent. The young people who go around the world can gain a lot of valuable information and they can learn how to communicate with other people who have different kinds of cultures which lead to communicating with other students that have different nationality in the near future at university.

Moreover, the young people who have not enough money and are encouraged to work for a year to make decent money for continuing their education, can learn to be responsible for their duties which lead to doing their research and studying twice as well as the other students who have not any experiences at workplaces. Sense of responsibility helps them during their education in the near future at the university which would not be in the case if they had not valuable experiences before coming to this level.

On the other hand, it can not be overlooked that some young people who could not continue their education in the higher academic level at university immediately and take time off a year, little by little reluctant to go to university and they prefer to get job that are different from higher education level. It can be seen that some young people who are greedy to make money, think that if they want to continue their education in the university, they consume their times. But generally, I think that is less likely today because young people are aware that getting a good job need to have higher academic degrees.

In conclusion, I believe that young people should be encourage to work or travel for a year since this gap provide them with valuable experiences and they understand what they want in their lives and how should set their goals and how their goals must be prioritized. This gap prepares them to start their studies in certain majors that they like and lead to deciding about the majors that they prefer to continue their education in it.