Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this out weigh the disadvantages ?

Nowadays, not only is native language important, but also a foreign language. Some people think that it is suitable for students to start studying at primary school; others argue that it has many drawbacks. As for me, learning at elementary school is more appropriate than at high school. To support my position, both sides of this issue will be discussed.

In terms of advantages, many researchers describe that children in early ages can learn anything around them more quickly than in late ages. If they begin studying at primary school, it will make a great fundamental knowledge about foreign language to them. Moreover, mother language will be compared with other languages, especially for vocabulary in daily life. As a result, children will understand a lot of expressions that they always use.

On the other hand, it also has some disadvantages. Children have to spend more time to study foreign language; it causes them more stressful. Take my friend, Robin, for example, when he was young, his parents sent him into tutorial, sport, music, and language school. Spending seven days a week for studying, he does not have enough time to socialize. Besides, due to lack of experience, students may not learn as much as teachers teach because they do not understand in harder foreign language lessons.

Having compared the aspects of both sides, I accept that learning other language at primary school has some drawbacks. But, I strongly believe that the advantages of studying at primary school are more significant than the disadvantages. In particular, children can learn more steadily in fundamental basis and gain a lot of knowledge quickly.