In some large cities people have to pay a fee when they drive their cars into the city centre in a policy to reduce the number of cars in the city Give reasons in support of and opposing this policy and give your own opinion

In some large cities, people have to pay a fee when they drive their cars into the city centre in a policy to reduce the number of cars in the city. Give reasons in support of and opposing this policy, and give your own opinion.

It is true that the way to reduce the number of cars in the downtown is to pay a fee. While I accept this policy which has a positive effect, I believe there are more likely to have a harmful impact.
<!--break-->
By paying expensive rates, people will think carefully to use their own transportation because the amount of money which is paid means an extravaganza way. As we know, people who live in the big cities, like Jakarta, Indonesia, mostly have more than one car. It means that each family could have three or four cars which lead traffic congestion if operated.

On the other hand, the limitation of private cars brings people to choose public transportation, such buses or trains. However, this transportation should equal as many as the number of people who would like travelling. For example, in holiday time, people who go travelling around the tourism places inevitably leave their car home and use public transportation which should be available to take the number of travellers. If demand of the public transportation could not be answered, this is sameness as the new traffic problem.

In my view, it would be nice if the governments have a rule which is allowed one family using only one car if needed. In Jakarta, one car for three passengers, for example, has already answered the traffic and the transportation's problem.

In conclusion, I think the idea to reduce the number of traffic congestion with a large number of expensive payments is the best way, but this should be equal with the amount of public transportation which would be used.

May remove repetitive words like 'I think'.