Essay topics: Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example, working for a charity improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children).
To what extend do you agree or disagree?
It is not a secret that majority of high schools merely concentrate on theoretical teaching methods and they are permanently based on whether there is sufficient funding or not. This type of education is deemed to be flawed and some people suggest high school curricula should necessarily entail serving community without charging. Personally, I agree with their recommendation that free community service should be given foremost consideration at high school.
While doing justice to the motives in stimulating establishment of high school programs which promotes community service without payment, some unarguable facts should not be neglected. Existence and significance of these programs provides accessibility and opportunity for hands-on lessons, for instance, for students who are tired of non-practical lessons. Students, meanwhile, will be educated not to concentrate merely on money. Alternatively, they will learn the importance of human beings’ values before embarking upon their own career.
Another main justification prompting free-of-charge community services at high schools might be rooted in the creation of emotions like patriotism in students. This is primarily because students will comprehend importance of human values and aiding not affluent people. Further and more importantly, practical skills of students will be revitalized albeit they are not very skilled at the initial stage. Consequently, all of these actions contribute to the well-being of a nation.
In the light of these facts outlined above, unpaid community service should be taken as a vital part in high school curriculum. Upsurge in the know-how and the experience will ensue on students’ abilities and they embark on contributing to the well-being of society.
- Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.Why do you think this is happening?What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced. (58)
- The line chart below shows serious violent crime levels from 1978 to 2000 in the US. Serious violent crimes include rape, robbery, aggravated assault and homicide.Summarize the following information by selecting and reporting main features, and make compa (80)
- Discuss the causes and some effects of widespread drug use by young people in modern day society. Make any recommendations you feel are necessary you feel necessary to help fight youth drug abuse. (60)
- To what extend is nuclear technology a danger to life on earth? What are the benefits and risks associated with its use? (80)
- The charts below show the results of a survey of adult education. The first chart shows the reasons why adults decide to study. The pie chart shows how people think the costs of adult education should be shared.Write a report for a university lecturer, de (70)
- The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. (80)
- The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and ma (70)
- Animals are used by humans for profit in many ways. However, some people don’t agree with this use of animals. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion. (93.33329999999999)
- The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (96.66670000000001)
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (93.33329999999999)