You are hereSome people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example, working for a charity improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example, working for a charity improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Azizkhan's picture

By Azizkhan - Posted on 03 May 2013

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example, working for a charity improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children).
To what extend do you agree or disagree?

It is not a secret that majority of high schools merely concentrate on theoretical teaching methods and they are permanently based on whether there is sufficient funding or not. This type of education is deemed to be flawed and some people suggest high school curricula should necessarily entail serving community without charging. Personally, I agree with their recommendation that free community service should be given foremost consideration at high school.

While doing justice to the motives in stimulating establishment of high school programs which promotes community service without payment, some unarguable facts should not be neglected. Existence and significance of these programs provides accessibility and opportunity for hands-on lessons, for instance, for students who are tired of non-practical lessons. Students, meanwhile, will be educated not to concentrate merely on money. Alternatively, they will learn the importance of human beings’ values before embarking upon their own career.

Another main justification prompting free-of-charge community services at high schools might be rooted in the creation of emotions like patriotism in students. This is primarily because students will comprehend importance of human values and aiding not affluent people. Further and more importantly, practical skills of students will be revitalized albeit they are not very skilled at the initial stage. Consequently, all of these actions contribute to the well-being of a nation.

In the light of these facts outlined above, unpaid community service should be taken as a vital part in high school curriculum. Upsurge in the know-how and the experience will ensue on students’ abilities and they embark on contributing to the well-being of society.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in five countries. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. vanishpa sticky icon
Shopping has become a favorite pastime among young people.Why do you think it is like that. Do you think they must be encouraged to do other things rather than shopping? saeed_S_1368
Children today are not as fit and healthy as in the past. Discuss the causes for this situation with relevant examples and give your opinion on possible solutions. Rahi
When visiting foreign countries, visitors should take full advantage of learning the culture and traditions of that country. How can they learn about the culture and traditions? Why do some visitors strive to learn about culture and traditions while other devabe2005
Nowadays environmental problems are too big to be managed by individual persons or individual countries. In other words, it is an international problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree? MisterWandering
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both these views and give yo jason1911 sticky icon
The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing and inustrialised countries in 1980 and 1990. fialka
News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad news? Would it be better if more good news was reported? D O N
The table shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999. fialka
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective? dawnsagar

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
In many countries it is easy to apply and to get a credit card. However credit card causes manyu problem is hard to pay back. Do you think the advantages overweigh its disadvantages? supreetkaur
the two maps below show an island before and after construction of some tourist facilities. summarise the information by selecting and reporting main features and make comparison where relevant yas

In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon