Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

It is common that people who visit other countries should follow its local behavior. While it could be accepted, I believe that the host state should respect the visitor’s culture.

Recently, many people visit other countries with many kinds of purpose. As the foreigners, people who come to the other countries usually follow the local customs there. It shows that they respect the local behavior and try to understand it even though it is different with their own culture. They also prove that they could adapt well to the state’s culture although they are not used to the custom. Besides that, the visitors also obtain new knowledge about the other cultures and how the people in some countries behave. It could be there are some positive sides from the local dweller’s behavior that could become example for the visitor’s next life. With following the customs, the visitors could compare the differences or the similarity between their culture and other people’s culture. That is why the foreigner should follow the local behavior at least to respect the local people they are not used to it.

On the contrary, I believe that the host state, visited by many foreigners should welcome and respect cultural diversity. It is not the visitor’s mistake to ignore the local behavior and hold their culture, because it is their identity that show who they are. It could be the customs in the host countries is not appropriate with the visitor’s culture and make them feel that it is unnecessary to follow the customs. Besides that, the visitors have their own right to choose how they behave whether following the local’s lifestyle or behaving like they are in their own state. So, the host country should accept and welcome the visitor’s culture although it is not same with its culture, because it is the visitor’s right to keep their culture.

In conclusion, it is still debatable about this two arguments, but I would suggest that the host countries should welcome the cultural differences and respect it as they respect their own customs.

It could be the customs in the host countries is not appropriate with
It could be the customs in the host countries which are not appropriate with