Some people claim that widespread advertising in the modern society has a harmful effect on young people. Therefore, advertisements should be strictly limited on TV, radio, the Internet and in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree with th

Some people claim that widespread advertising in the modern society has a harmful effect on young people. Therefore, advertisements should be strictly limited on TV, radio, the Internet and in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

With the overwhelming advertisements in different kinds of media, whether or not it has a corrupting effect on juvenile has become a widely debated topic. While many believe that its prosperity has proven it is harmless, others maintain that it exerts a corrupting influence on adolescents. Given that prosperity of advertising industry contributes to various factors and youths are susceptible to those widespread advertisements during their formative years, I strongly agree that the advertising has an inexcusable impacts on adolescents in all ways.

Regarding the boom of the advertising industry, a myriad of factors have given rise to it, ranging from the proliferation of new products, services to technologies. For example, many enterprises opt to promote their staples by broadcasting attractive advertisements through mass media, such as television, radio and the Internet in order to give its utmost publicity. Therefore, companies may resort to exaggerated and even deceitful advertisements to gain an edge over their business rivals like a fish rots from the head down.

There are, however, critics point out that the current trend in advertising exerts a corrupting influence on youths of impressionable minds as there are always a dose of unwholesome and indecent contents that can be found in modern advertisements. Worse still, a subculture of sexual suggestiveness and permissiveness appears to permeate the entire advertising industry. As a result, teenagers are often prone to those sexual appeals and lured away from their studies and indulge themselves in erotic fantasies.

Having discussed the status quo of the advertising industry nowadays, I firmly agree that these are the flawless illustrations of the inimical effects on youngsters. Moving forward, if a strict censorship was imposed on advertising in public areas, discouraging its rampant omnipresence, I am confident that the society would cease to see any unpalatable outcomes from the advertisements.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts