You are hereSome people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other type of job should be highly paid?

Some people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other type of job should be highly paid?

sankalp_bhambri's picture

By sankalp_bhambri - Posted on 14 June 2013

Some people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.

Do you agree or disagree?

Which other type of job should be highly paid?

In recent times, rise of media, internet has led to greater popularity of celebrities among vast majority of populations. Children also know names their names, although they might not know names of great leader of their country. There is some debate about exaggerated salary received by famous stars in comparison to other professional is not sensible. I agree with this contention.

With regard to entertainers, they are regarded as professionals and, hence, deserve to be paid handsomely. As their work is cherished by number of people, so it is considered that they need to maintain high standard of living, should be paid well. Moreover, people treat stars as God in some places, for instance, Sachin Tendulkar, famous cricket star in India, has number of temples build by his well wishers. Because of their start status, Superstars earn millions of dollars by doing adverts for various companies.

In comparison, there are many professionals in fields like medicine, teaching, law , paid lot less than popular stars, even though their contribution are equally important for development of society. So, it can be discouraging for youngsters to take consider these fields for prospective career, as a result nations would have less skillful workers and more entertainers. Furthermore, curing life threatening diseases like cancer, tuberculosis could be impossible if we do not have qualified doctors. Similarly, who would teach school children if we lack adequate teachers. These fields required continuous preparation and, for example, doctors study for 8-10 years before they can get certificate to practice medical profession. So, it is important for society to acknowledge their hard work.

All in all, I agree with view that celebrities are overpaid. if we want other professionals like doctors, lawyers, teachers to feel respected for their hard work and encourage youngsters to take these fields as future careers, they should be paid in equal terms.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Education is very important. How can children who are disinterested in study be motivated to learn?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience. chen80
We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? sfaht1 sticky icon
Sample IELTS speaking: family (children) essayking
Unemployment is one of the most serious problems facing developed nations today. What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of reducing the working week to thirty five hours? sandeep pooni
[City Planning]In urban areas, some people prefer to live alone or live in a small family , rather than big extended family.Is this a positive or negative trend? jason1911
In some countries students who misbehave have to leave the school and are not allowed to continue their education. In other countries they can return to their studies after a suspension period. Discuss both options and give your opinion tamaFreak sticky icon
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health are decreasing.what do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? sankalp_bhambri
At The Time End of Each Term, Student Evaluation of Faculty Should be Posted Online asmaamanina
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertisements and not the needs of society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree? sankalp_bhambri
the graph below gives information about the preferred leisure activities of Australian children. sprigidts

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
Tobacco and alcohol are drugs that cause addition and health problems. Should they be made illegal? Or should all drugs be legalized? marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Why should the government help working parents by providing child care facilities. Tessy James
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan

Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The time table below shows the results of an airline survey in 2011 of economy class male and female travellers of different ages.The members show which groups ranked particular in flight features as the most important.Summarise the information by choosi josnathomas sticky icon
You and your friend recently went on a holiday together. You have a problem with your photos taken during the holiday. Write a letter to ask your friend for a particular photo and say- What is a problem with your photographs?- Which photo would you like f Rahi
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Sentence: Children also know names their names, although they might not know names of great leader of their country.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a determiner, possessive
Suggestion: Refer to names and their

Sentence: There is some debate about exaggerated salary received by famous stars in comparison to other professional is not sensible.
Suggestion: There are some debates about exaggerated salary received by famous stars in comparison to other professional which is not sensible.

Sentence: In comparison, there are many professionals in fields like medicine, teaching, law , paid lot less than popular stars, even though their contribution are equally important for development of society.
Description: The fragment though their contribution is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Still have some grammatical errors.