You are hereSome people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other type of job should be highly paid?

Some people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other type of job should be highly paid?

sankalp_bhambri's picture

By sankalp_bhambri - Posted on 14 June 2013

Some people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.

Do you agree or disagree?

Which other type of job should be highly paid?

In recent times, rise of media, internet has led to greater popularity of celebrities among vast majority of populations. Children also know names their names, although they might not know names of great leader of their country. There is some debate about exaggerated salary received by famous stars in comparison to other professional is not sensible. I agree with this contention.

With regard to entertainers, they are regarded as professionals and, hence, deserve to be paid handsomely. As their work is cherished by number of people, so it is considered that they need to maintain high standard of living, should be paid well. Moreover, people treat stars as God in some places, for instance, Sachin Tendulkar, famous cricket star in India, has number of temples build by his well wishers. Because of their start status, Superstars earn millions of dollars by doing adverts for various companies.

In comparison, there are many professionals in fields like medicine, teaching, law , paid lot less than popular stars, even though their contribution are equally important for development of society. So, it can be discouraging for youngsters to take consider these fields for prospective career, as a result nations would have less skillful workers and more entertainers. Furthermore, curing life threatening diseases like cancer, tuberculosis could be impossible if we do not have qualified doctors. Similarly, who would teach school children if we lack adequate teachers. These fields required continuous preparation and, for example, doctors study for 8-10 years before they can get certificate to practice medical profession. So, it is important for society to acknowledge their hard work.

All in all, I agree with view that celebrities are overpaid. if we want other professionals like doctors, lawyers, teachers to feel respected for their hard work and encourage youngsters to take these fields as future careers, they should be paid in equal terms.