You are hereSome people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other type of job should be highly paid?

Some people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.Do you agree or disagree?Which other type of job should be highly paid?

sankalp_bhambri's picture

By sankalp_bhambri - Posted on 14 June 2013

Some people feel that entertainers are paid too much money.

Do you agree or disagree?

Which other type of job should be highly paid?

In recent times, rise of media, internet has led to greater popularity of celebrities among vast majority of populations. Children also know names their names, although they might not know names of great leader of their country. There is some debate about exaggerated salary received by famous stars in comparison to other professional is not sensible. I agree with this contention.

With regard to entertainers, they are regarded as professionals and, hence, deserve to be paid handsomely. As their work is cherished by number of people, so it is considered that they need to maintain high standard of living, should be paid well. Moreover, people treat stars as God in some places, for instance, Sachin Tendulkar, famous cricket star in India, has number of temples build by his well wishers. Because of their start status, Superstars earn millions of dollars by doing adverts for various companies.

In comparison, there are many professionals in fields like medicine, teaching, law , paid lot less than popular stars, even though their contribution are equally important for development of society. So, it can be discouraging for youngsters to take consider these fields for prospective career, as a result nations would have less skillful workers and more entertainers. Furthermore, curing life threatening diseases like cancer, tuberculosis could be impossible if we do not have qualified doctors. Similarly, who would teach school children if we lack adequate teachers. These fields required continuous preparation and, for example, doctors study for 8-10 years before they can get certificate to practice medical profession. So, it is important for society to acknowledge their hard work.

All in all, I agree with view that celebrities are overpaid. if we want other professionals like doctors, lawyers, teachers to feel respected for their hard work and encourage youngsters to take these fields as future careers, they should be paid in equal terms.

nedAnerge Oman

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? fialka
Some people believe that competitive sports, both team and individual, have no place in the school curriculum. How far do you agree or disagree? hadi_himmel
The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenile delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their chil MisterWandering sticky icon
Electricity Sources in France and Australia Bustanul Arifin
Nowadays many students have the opportunity to study for part or all of their courses in foreign countries.While studying abroad brings many benefits to individual students, it also has a number of disadvantages. Ksenia
Many young people choose to take a year off between finishing school and starting university in order to gain work experience or to travel. The experience of non-academic life like this offers benefits the individual when they return to education.To what andaihiep
As computer are being use more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teacher in the classroom. Discuss both these view. fuuaady
Some people think that the best way to reduce crime is to give longer prison sentences. Others, however, believe there are better alternative ways of reducing crime.Discuss both views and give your opinion. subobhan
More and more people are relying on cars as their preferable mode of transport. What are the problems associated with this overdependence .what can be done to control this ? Discuss effects and solutions also ? Shipu
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. rizqifahma

Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
In many countries school-age children are spending their free time in doing homework. Is it a good or bad thing? What is your own opinion? Give examples to support your view. marzieh
You are not happy with the course you are doing at college and would like to change to a different course. Write a letter to the college director requesting to change your course. You should include details about:- what course are you doing now- why you a bwosti
Education is not a luxury, but a basic human right and as such should be free for everyone irrespective of personal wealth.Do you agree or disagree? farizasl
News editor decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper. What factors do you think influence these decisions? Do we become used to bad News? Would it better if more good news was reported.(Re-write) -Syerapke- eddysuaib
Students should pay the full cost of university studies,rather than have free higher education provided by the government. To what extent do you agree or disagree. Jasmeetgill
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Unemployment figures amongst women Mubariz

Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon

Sentence: Children also know names their names, although they might not know names of great leader of their country.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a determiner, possessive
Suggestion: Refer to names and their

Sentence: There is some debate about exaggerated salary received by famous stars in comparison to other professional is not sensible.
Suggestion: There are some debates about exaggerated salary received by famous stars in comparison to other professional which is not sensible.

Sentence: In comparison, there are many professionals in fields like medicine, teaching, law , paid lot less than popular stars, even though their contribution are equally important for development of society.
Description: The fragment though their contribution is not usually followed by are
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace are with is

Still have some grammatical errors.