Some people prefer to work for a large company Others prefer to work for a small company Which would you prefer

Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer?

Though most people would eagerly accept job offers from big and reputable companies in the likes of Procter and Gamble or Google, others would rather join smaller firms. Both types of entities present distinct sets of strengths and weaknesses which may appeal to some people but not others.

On one hand, large established companies positively affect the employee’s resume and personal life. Organizations such as Coca Cola or Nestle possess the resources to grant higher salaries and fringe benefits, including health insurance and longer leaves, to their staff and regularly train them for their tasks. In turn, members of these firms gain a competitive edge in the job market as they are not able to learn from the brightest but their experience at brand companies receive instant recognition among other employers during a job search.

Nevertheless, these numerous advantages often come at a cost. On many occasions, workers at larger firms are requested to put in more overtime, are under increased stress from undertaking more complex projects and unwillingly get embroiled in politics and red tape, which ran rampant in companies with multiple divisions.

Staff at smaller forms, on the other hand, is less exposed to these corporate burdens. Due to the smaller size of the team, the work atmosphere is more familiar and friendly. Coupled with a less stressful environment, they are free to make full use of their creativity to direct their smaller but more agile entity to new fields. Unlike behemoths such as Yahoo, they are not defending a brand image but building one and the sky is the limit as far as the area in which they wish to venture is concerned. In this development and growth process, employees of these once-small firms are the first to reap praise and benefits when their organization finally succeeds.

To conclude, both categories of organizations display their own merits and demerits. It is incumbent on the individual to choose which type of work environment they are most suited to: the small, risky but challenging one or the larger, stable but dull one.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts