Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities Others however say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required Discuss both these views and give your

Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.
Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

It is undeniable that being healthy plays a pivotal role in a human's life. Thus, it is highly likely that improving public health is one of the most important tasks of the government. However, whether we should just raise the range of sports facilities or make use of other measures to achieve this goal has long been a contentious issue.

It is a fact that increasing the number of sports facilities is an excellent way to enhance your health. This would encourage the members of the society to get involved in various sports activities that would help them exercise their bodies and become physically fit. For the long term, there is mounting evidence that these activities are perfect to keep you away from serious diseases such as obesity, diabetes or heart attack. More importantly, playing sports is an ideal way to learn about passion and spiritual values which are essential to form a human's personality. Definitely, a country with such strong human resource will fully develop and soon obtain social sustainability.

Increased sports facilities are of great importance but not the whole content of the ambitious scheme linking to better public health. The fact remains that only a minority of people utilize facilities at sports centers to keep fit, which means the vast majority of population do not benefit from this program. Also, it is restricted by time, seasons and location. Therefore, it is not suitable all citizens. Additionally, modern diseases are triggered by different factors, for example, eating too much convenient food and neglecting regular checkups. Hence, it is highly recommended that health authorities concentrate on raising public awareness of health issues as well as ways to prevent them. This can be achieved by conveying information on how to lead a healthy life to every household and putting strict regulations on the fast food industry.

All in all, personally I am for the idea that improving public health requires a combination of methods, no single action can combat the problem effectively. Long term commitment by individuals and governments is also needed.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts