Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel to.How true this statement? What can tourist do to reduce the harmful effects of tourism on local cultures and environments?

Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel to.

How true this statement? What can tourist do to reduce the harmful effects of tourism on local cultures and environments?

Foreign who visit tourism place can give negative impact to environment and local people because foreign people have many different culture with country of destination. Is it true statement? What shall tourist do to reduce negative effect?

Currently, the numbers of tourist visit to Indonesia totally increase by time to time. We take an example Bali island for 10 years the number of foreign people increase slightly between 1992 and 2012 about 15,000 and 70,000 visitors, source by tourism department. With rise the number of tourist will add Bali government revenue and it is promotion to make Bali Island become famous in world. However rapid development of visitors also have a negative impact for local culture and villager.

Part of negative impact is lifestyle foreign people, which is different with local culture for example usually foreign people wearing reveal clothes, they are drink some beer or alcohol. In my opinion tourist should respect with local culture. Secondly tourist are not protect environment. Many tourist litters in tourism area, maybe government and local people make regulation for tourist that they obey. With the expected culture remain intact and not contaminate.

In the conclusions, the increasing number of visitors in Bali Island gets positive impact to income Bali government but also there have negative impact like negative influence from tourist. In the case government’s role is very important to save local culture. I think strict rules of the local community can also reduce negative impact of foreign culture, so that local culture can stay awake.

Is it true statement?
Is it a true statement?

usually foreign people wearing reveal clothes, they are drink some beer or alcohol.
usually foreign people wear reveal clothes, they drink some beers or alcohols.

Secondly tourist are not protect environment.
Secondly, tourists do not protect environment.