Some people say that watching tv is bad for children While some say that watching tv is helpful for a child to grow Discuss both opinions and give your opinion

Some people say that watching tv is bad for children. While some say that watching tv is helpful for a child to grow. Discuss both opinions and give your opinion.

Young age plays an integral part in shaping a youth's beliefs and ideologies. Hence, it is of immense importance to ensure that children should make the best use of this invaluable time to attain a great many attributes in order to build their future. Therefore, they should participate in all extracurricular activities of playing games, watching appropriate tv shows, outdoor games and the like. It has, however, been a debatable issue whether parents should allow them to watch tv rather than detering them from doing so. Despite some upsides, in my opinion, the latter perspective merits serious consideration for a number of reasons, as will now be explored.

One of the conspicuous aspects of watching television lies in the didactic value, some tv shows offers. Since, such tv shows cater an acknowledgement purpose, the children are benefited from the congnizance achieved and so do the parents. Not only does it offers an educative value but it also renders an entertainment purpose. For instance, I used to watch tv shows when I was adolescent. I watched many tv shows from children's shows to crime shows. My knowledge about a wide array of phases of life can partly be attributed to a deluge of different shows I watched in my youth.

Notwithstanding the aformentioned benefits, watching television is not without concerns. Part of the problem with children watching tv is that the children gets addicted to the habits. A sedentary lifestyle can stem from the fact that children watch tv for long hours. Supporters of this viewpoint contend that watching inappropraite tv shows can cause the teenagers to go astray and invovle into bad company. Apparently this is why many are in favour of hampering the children from watching tv shows.

To conclude, it is evident from the above discussion that watching tv under parental guidance does offer some positive trend, to an extent. Nevertheless, it is the hindrance to children from spending time to watch tv shows which render myriad benefits from alleviating the health problems to getting away from bad habits; the significance it has in a chil's life is immense, indeed.

Sentence: Since, such tv shows cater an acknowledgement purpose, the children are benefited from the congnizance achieved and so do the parents.
Error: congnizance Suggestion: cognizance

Sentence: Supporters of this viewpoint contend that watching inappropraite tv shows can cause the teenagers to go astray and invovle into bad company.
Error: invovle Suggestion: involve
Error: inappropraite Suggestion: inappropriate

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts