Some people think that in countries with high unemployment, the retirement age should be lowered to allow more young people to get jobs.What would be the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?

Some people think that in countries with high unemployment, the retirement age should be lowered to allow more young people to get jobs.
What would be the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?

There are people who believe that the age of retirement should be reduced in countries having a high rate of unemployment, thus yielding young people to gain work. In this issue, we have to consider the advantages and disadvantages of it.

The benefits of decreasing the retirement age are: firstly, job opportunities to young adults will occur. Secondly, this is the time for them to show their hidden talents due to the high expectations from them when they land a job. And thirdly, retiring employees could early get their pensions and benefits which they can use for many things such as for rest and recreation, investment, or whatever they wanted.

Looking now at the opposite, young employees need to prove themselves that they can handle and manage their work closely or the same way as the leaving employees. Moreover, since they are considered amateurs, they get a lower pay at the start, and more often than not they get a higher salary after many years of stay. Lastly, there could be a huge impact on the services of one organization where most of the skilled employees are to be replaced and time is not enough to train replacements.

But whatever is to happen, the best thing to do in such situation of booming unemployment is to create more jobs by attracting investors to come on their place, overhaul their education or job training systems if there is a problem on competencies hindering young people to be employed. And also, a country must work on their population if there is a sudden increase because the more the population is then more job opportunities must be present.