You are hereSome people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

elhamsaadatian's picture

By elhamsaadatian - Posted on 06 May 2013

Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

The controversy over educating boys and girls in mono-sex schools or mixed ones is not settled yet. Personally I am of the opinion that boys and girl should necessarily go to mixed schools.Although, each of the educational systems has its on prose and cons.

The main advantage of participation in mixed schools is knowing the opposite sex better. On the grounds that boys and girls have different mental and emotional characteristics, more interactions can enhance mutual understandings between both sexes. Furthermore, it can be a good start point to promote sexual equality by treating the children, who are the future generation, in a same way. Moreover in mixed school environments children will be trained unconsciously to behave properly to opposite sex. Finally, mix schools provide the situation more similar to the reality of society in which male and female, work, cohabit and interact together.

Although, mono-sex schools have some undeniable benefits as well. Firstly, The parents can feel assured that their children are safe from heart-breaks, harassments or any uncontrolled emotional attachment to the opposite sex at least during school time. Secondly, there will be probably less distractions from their study and less chance of getting involved in tangential issues such as, falling in love or spending plenty of time to dress up every morning.

To recapitulate, I am in favour of mixed school. Mixed school despite their higher risks of distraction from the main goal of education, nurture children with higher social intelligence instead of antisocial nerds.

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations
Name Date Scores Full evaluations
daneiz 1 day 11 hours ago 71.34 How do you do, it is my pleasure to meet you.
daneiz 1 day 11 hours ago 71.63 Good evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Welcome to my birthday party. Hope you have a good time.
newlife 3 days 7 hours ago 74.13 Do you have a computer? Yes, I do.
newlife 3 days 7 hours ago 66.69 Hi, good to see you again.
newlife 3 days 7 hours ago 67.54 May I have your name, please?
newlife 3 days 7 hours ago 66.48 She is very well, thank you.