Some people think that it is important to have a single language as an international official language Others think that it will make if difficult to identify countries and cause a loss of culture What are your opinions about this

Some people think that it is important to have a single language as an international official language. Others think that it will make if difficult to identify countries and cause a loss of culture. What are your opinions about this?

As globalization cuts down barriers among countries, some people argue that the adoption of a universal language will boost further exchange and trade. As such, a truly global economy will be born. Nevertheless, not only will this come at the cost of our cultural identity, but choosing a single language is itself a tedious process.

On one side, an international official language will build closer ties among countries, triggering the quicker resolution of longstanding conflicts and disagreements in the likes of global warming and territory disputes. For instance, in Singapore, the adoption of English as the national language and the medium of instruction in the education system prompted the various religious communities to strive towards the common goal of economic development instead of focusing on their individual differences. On an international scale, the promotion of a common method of communication will lead to a similar decline in worldwide inequality.

However, as an increasing number of people take to a new language, their local language will suffer a slow death before vanishing completely as elders pass away. Cultures, which are closely linked to languages, will also take a hit. Numerous minority languages, for instance, those spoken by indigenous tribes of the Amazon forest, have long been lost as the younger generations, who are lured to the modernity neighboring cities, turn their back to their own traditions. Furthermore, future generations will possess little sense of belonging as their country or place of adoption slowly loses its unique identity.

Moreover, language experts and academics are likely to engage in heated debate regarding the language most suited to be an international one. Indeed, although English is the language of global commerce, Chinese is the most widely spoken one worldwide. In turn, each country is likely to boast the merits of its own language, triggering years of intense argument before a winning language emerges.

The creation of a new language is likely to suffer a similar predicament as everyone attempts to have a say. Furthermore, as witnessed by the sad fate of Esperanto, a newly-crafted language will struggle to win the heart of most people. This is due to the fact that languages are often the product of years of social interactions and generations of history and experiences to which citizens identify to.

To conclude, the adoption of a common language is currently not feasible and not in the best interests of everyone. Cultural folklore is a more critical asset to preserve as compared to economic prosperity.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts