Essay topics: Some people think that men and women have different qualities that some certain job suitable for men and some are suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Gender issue has become a hot topic in discussions for many years. Some people have an opinion that both men and women have different qualities. They think that men and women are only suitable in some certain jobs. In my view, I agree with the motion that men are better in some certain jobs, and vice versa.
Todays world has already seen the power of women. At present, people can see that even a woman can be the leader of big organization. Take an example, Marissa Mayer, an ex Googler, is now the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Yahoo. She proves that she can be a leader of one of the most famous internet companies in the world. Even though there were many people doubt with her, but her achievement to beat Google in internet traffics in the USA couple of months ago became a new benchmark for women in the industry.
On the hand, some people are still doubt with the quality of the women. For example in sport, in moto3 (a third class in motogp championships), Angela has never won any race, since her first a year ago. Moreover, there are still many jobs in the world that actually dangerous for women, especially in physical-demanding jobs. Originally, women’s bodies are weaker then men’s.
However, if we talk about jobs in conventional office, we can see that not only men can be successful, but also women can. Indeed, women, in some occasions are more successful than men.
In my conclusion, I agree that in some certain jobs, men have better qualities than women and vice versa. However, in physical demanding jobs, men are still better than women.
- The diagrams below show the site of a school in 2004 and the plan for changes to the school site in 2004.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents. Others, however, believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (70)
- A hundred years ago, people thought that the human race was steadily improving in every area of life. Now, it seems this is not certain in that situation.In which areas do you think we have made important progress nowadays?In which areas do you think we s (50)
- The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (66)
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for university lecturer describing the development of the village. (65)
- Graphs of sources of world and local news in UK since 1987 until 1997 (73.33329999999999)
- The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life. (72.1739)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both views and give your opinion.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your (70)
- Some people think that men and women have different qualities that some certain job suitable for men and some are suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (65)
- Charts of survey result about what men and women say makes them most happy. (70)