Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Some people think that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

People have held different views towards whether museums should serve a recreational or educational role. Personally, I believe that it is applicable for museums to offer both mentioned functions to visitors.

To begin with, numerous people claim that museums are suggested to be entertaining places. The reason for this is that a museum is undeniably a tourist attraction. Indeed, thousands of attendances pay a visit to museums solely with a view to witnessing a number of magnificent exhibitions of artefacts of either a particular period or artworks of a specific sector of the society. Then they are able to take photographs or simply enjoy the beauty of collections without having to draw much attention on the origins or makings of such ornaments. In this case, museums certainly perform an amusing role.

On the other hand, it would be argued that museums are also regarded as places for academic research. For instance, this is particular helpful for students or researchers to learn remarkable concepts about the progress of human in myriad aspects that books and other educational materials fail to provide. Additionally, thanks to the display of attractive specimen and regular lectures by specialists, not only are children are capable of developing their imagination but also they potentially gain their enthusiasm for learning history subject. Briefly, it is undeniable that museums are suitable locations for studying purposes.

To sum up, I have to reiterate the significance of the coexistence of educational and entertaining roles of museums. As such, visitors can learn important events and enjoy a relaxing environment at the same time.

Read this link about Coherence:
http://www.testbig.com/question/coherence