some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Whether or not how to be good members of society is a contentious issue. Consequently, there are different schools of thought in this perspective which are further elaborated on in the following paragraphs.

On the one hand, there are some advantages to learning this issue at schools. In the first place, it is accepted that this issue generates an obligation and duty for governments and states to provide a suitable situation to acquire the ability to appreciate, value and evaluate conflicting views, which is necessary for these children as future decision makers. In addition, these children could learn some important ethical codes at school as some essential units that should be passed.

On the other hand, there are some positive points in teaching children at home. First of all, it should be mentioned that some children can not go to school in spite of the fact that they need learn aforementioned issue. Thus, there is a need to teach these children at home by their parents. Furthermore, children are at home much of their time. Therefore, parents are able to teach and grow up their children just as they want. It must be note that it is a vexingly complex issue. Let me illustrate, becoming a doctor is an important value for a family and there is a thought that it would be great if their children work in a hospital as a doctor. However, being a pilot in army is a prominent issue to achieve for another family.

All in all, based on what has been discussed, while I can not deny that school is the place to learn this issue, I really believe that parents have got to teach their children how to be good members of society thank to the fact that they are able to teach just as they like.

Whether or not how to be good members of society is a contentious issue.
How to be good members of society is a contentious issue.