Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Education plays a pivotal role for children in becoming a good member of a society. However, there is a contentious issue as to whether parents or teachers hold the responsibility to teach children how to be part of a society. Personally, I believe both are responsible for social education.

To begin with, some believe that children at their school age spend eight hours a day in the school. School is just like a small society where people have to interact with each other. Most of the time, they are influenced by their peers and their teachers. Occasionally, conflicts may arise between students such as dispute or fight. Therefore, it is teachers’ duty to teach their students how to deal with some social situation appropriately such as how to cooperate with other students and avoid conflicts.

On the other hand, those who subscribe to the opposite belief argue that children spent considerable amount of time with their parents since they were born. Their behavior are affected by their parents both positively and negatively. For example, if the father or mother does not respect others, it is more likely their kid will do the same thing as no one teach them right and wrong. Therefore, parents should act as a model for their children.

To conclude, both parents and teachers are essential to help children participate in the society and be a good member. It is hard to single out either one as they both can significantly influence children’s behavior.

More words wanted.