Essay topics: Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged . Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults . Discuss both these views and give your own opinion
It is undeniable that children have the most innocent mind. What they are taught in school definitely shapes who they are when they grow up. So, teaching them how to cooperate with each other or sparking competitions between themselves, is a debatable question as of which will bring the greatest benefit.
In competitions, children are often put under pressure by academic challenges. This results in children working harder to meet the expectations and outshine their peers. Then, they instantly stand out from their peers, for example, getting first place in class. This gives, the children a sense of fulfilment, hence confidence. With such confidence, they are also more likely to success in life later on. Furthermore, an individual competition means that they cannot rely on others. Also this ensures that they cannot take advantage of other peas and get away with their assignments, therefore, creating responsible and independent individuals.
As importantly, team work allows children to work together peacefully and discuss their ideas. They can together their ideas and improve them. Individual mistakes are also recognised and presented by their groups. This in turn, will shape them into humble individuals because they were proved that they are not always right. Furthermore, in today’s world, co-operation between colleagues is an essential bond in order to success. If it is practiced since young, they will be more prepared and have a smoother future in the workforce.
In my opinion, I think that both qualities are as equally important. They bring about different benefits to individuals. Therefore, chools and teachers can do so by allowing groups of children to complete against other groups, so that the can have the best out of both ideal.
- Today , the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (77.1429)
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged . Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults . Discuss both these views and give your own opinion (64.5455)
- When a country develops its technology , the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive . To what extend do you agree or disagree? (39.1667)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features , and make comparisons where relevant. (83.33329999999999)
- The chart shows the number of mobile phones and landlines per 100 people in selected countries.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information given (60)
- A government;s role is only to provide defense capability and urban infrastructure (road , water supplies...). All other services ( education , health , social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community. To what extend (65.4545)
- Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours (72.5)