You are hereSome people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged . Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults . Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged . Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults . Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

iceecreami's picture

By iceecreami - Posted on 09 August 2012

It is undeniable that children have the most innocent mind. What they are taught in school definitely shapes who they are when they grow up. So, teaching them how to cooperate with each other or sparking competitions between themselves, is a debatable question as of which will bring the greatest benefit.

In competitions, children are often put under pressure by academic challenges. This results in children working harder to meet the expectations and outshine their peers. Then, they instantly stand out from their peers, for example, getting first place in class. This gives, the children a sense of fulfilment, hence confidence. With such confidence, they are also more likely to success in life later on. Furthermore, an individual competition means that they cannot rely on others. Also this ensures that they cannot take advantage of other peas and get away with their assignments, therefore, creating responsible and independent individuals.

As importantly, team work allows children to work together peacefully and discuss their ideas. They can together their ideas and improve them. Individual mistakes are also recognised and presented by their groups. This in turn, will shape them into humble individuals because they were proved that they are not always right. Furthermore, in today’s world, co-operation between colleagues is an essential bond in order to success. If it is practiced since young, they will be more prepared and have a smoother future in the workforce.

In my opinion, I think that both qualities are as equally important. They bring about different benefits to individuals. Therefore, chools and teachers can do so by allowing groups of children to complete against other groups, so that the can have the best out of both ideal.

the diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. summarise the information by choosing and reporting the key features and make any relevant comparisons. Domilina
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information in the two graphs below indah_hai
People are living longer than ever before. At the same time the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising. Will this development be a benefit for the society? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old people Rahi
The charts below give information about travel to and from the UK,and about the most popular countries for UK residents to visit. Vusal347
At present, science has been developing at a high speed, but people still have a high opinion of artists. What can the arts tell us of the life that science cannot? broerjuang
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Dilbar
Television is dangerous because it destroys family life and any sense of community instead of visiting people and talking with our family we just watch television.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? helia123
Some employers reward members of staff for their expectional contribution to the company by giving them extra money. This practice can act as an incentive for some but may also have a negative impact on others.To what extent is this style effective.Are th setareh
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways has technology affected the types of relationship people make. Does it have a positive or negative impact? maryam2900
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents,for instance for sport or music,and others are not.However it is sometimes claimed that any children can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views dawnsagar

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status carmela6
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon

Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon

Sentence: Therefore, chools and teachers can do so by allowing groups of children to complete against other groups, so that the can have the best out of both ideal.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a modal auxillary
Suggestion: Refer to the and can

Sentence: This gives, the children a sense of fulfilment, hence confidence.
Error: fulfilment Suggestion: fulfillment

Sentence: Individual mistakes are also recognised and presented by their groups.
Error: recognised Suggestion: recognized

Error: chools Suggestion: No alternate word

Need more words and more compound sentences.