Essay topics: Some people think that universities should not provide so much theoretical knowledge but give more practical training throughout their courses.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
While some university courses such as medicine or law stipulate that students should complete a mandatory internship to be eligible to graduate, other degrees do not. Nevertheless, students can gain more from these practical trainings despite the administration burden that this system may pose on universities.
On one hand, work placements may be hard to secure in certain industries at particular periods of time. Hence, during the recent financial crisis, work placements within the banking sector may have been rare given the massive layoffs already occurring within that industry. Moreover, practical trainings are harder to assess as compared to formal examinations due to the degree of subj ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? (81.1765)
- Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting event bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and include your opinion, supported by examples. (86.66670000000001)
- Some people prefer shopping in shopping centers, while others prefer local markets. What are the advantages of each? (88.33329999999999)
- In many countries, students who behave badly in class are expelled from their school and never allowed to return. Many consider this an effective way to educate while others disagree.Discuss both sides of the argument and share your opinion. Where possi (75.71429999999999)
- Nowadays, more and more young unmarried adults are choosing to study and live outside their parents’ homes. Do you think this trend is positive? (95)
- Nowadays, pollution and waste levels are increasing rapidly. How does this effect ordinary people? What steps can be taken to overcome this problem? (84)
- Do you agree with the following statement? Classmates are a more important influence than parents on a child’s success in life. (60.8333)
- Your car is hired from a company and while you are driving on holiday, you have a small accident. You will have to write a report to the company to explain it. You need to explain:-when are where you hired it-describe how the accident happened-what kind o (90)
- You cannot go to a company where you got an offer. Write a letter to the HR supervisor to-explain the reason why you decline the offer-express your gratitude-explain why you like your current job very much (96)
- It is often said that the subjects taught in schools are too academic in orientation and that it would be more useful for children to learn about practical matters such as home management, work and interpersonal skills. To what extent do you agree or disa (93.33329999999999)