Some say that because many people are living much longer the age at which people retire from work should be raised considerably What extent do you agree or disagree

Some say that because many people are living much longer, the age at which people retire from work should be raised considerably. What extent do you agree or disagree?

Human expectancy tends to increase steadily in many countries; therefore there is a debatable idea that governments should raise social retirement age. This doing brings some benefits for communities, but it also creates variety of side-effects for individuals and societies. I strongly believe that the governments should not allow to increase mandatory retirement age, and there are three main reasons to protect this state.

One of the downsides of raising retirement age is that health problems surge considerably when people are getting older. Actually, many surveys illustrate that the percentage of patients aged over 60 are higher than that of younger people. If workers have to work after 60 years old, they can get more risks of serious diseases such as heart attact or stroke because of stress from their work.

Another drawback of higher retirement age is that work abilities of human can reduce when people are over 60 years old. Increasing the risks of serious disease may effect to working skills. For instance, truck drivers, farmers, mail carries and others who need physical skills and work during unsociable hours may not enough healthy for their work after 60 years old. If governments support for higher mandatory retirement age, the health of these workers would be worse. Moreover, memories of people working with high level mental skills are not as good as they used to be; therefore they may not satisfy the work demands.

Last but not least, raising retirement age means higher unemployment for young people. Therefore, the elderly should be allowed to be reduced at current mandatory retirement age. If the governments raise this age, the young have less opportunities for well-paid job because of less experience compared to the elderly. In fact, Japanese are retired at 65 year old so students meet more difficulties to get job.

Overall, citizens and communities have affected by higher retirement age with health problems work abilities and higher unemployment rates. Therefore, it is no doubt that governments should not raise the mandatory retirement age.