Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Nowadays, one of the tremendously controversial issues relates to whether the income of various professions in society is shared equally and honestly or not. In this essay I am going to appraise this statement from both points of view and then give my own opinion on the matter.

On the one side of this argument, there are people who argue that a variety of people who are considered very necessary in the development of a country, such as teachers and doctors are earning less money compared to sportsmen. As a consequence, an imbalance between incomes can lead to some unpleasant situation regarding to the policy of the country. Additionally, they claim that in comparison with the indicated jobs, the role of sportsmen is not so important hence a number of measures should be taken.

On the other hand, it is also possible to make the opposing case. It is often argued that the length of career of sports professionals lasts until certain age, to be more precise, since they get older they will not have an opportunity to earn money. People often have this opinion because they think that sportsmen do not regularly get money as other professions. A particularly good example here is that, in football, sportsmen get award only in one case- when they play a game and it must be noted that the date of games are determined not depending on them.

Moreover, another allegation is that sportsmen spend more energy and facilities in order to participate in games. Therefore, restrictions must not be taken to prevent their opportunities to provide themselves with financial support by using their personal abilities.

In my opinion both arguments have their merits. On balance, however, I support people who are of the opinion that sports professionals’ earnings are quite fair. In a nutshell, they deserve the amount of money they get.

Read essays by this user:
http://www.testbig.com/users/tessy-james