The tables below show people s reasons for giving up smoking and when they intend to give up summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisions where relevant

The tables below show people's reasons for giving up smoking and when they intend to give up.

summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisions where relevant

The two tables give some information about reasons why people choose to stop smoking and when they intend to give up.

As can be seen from the first table, in general, the most significant reason smokers give for stop smoking is better for health ( 71%). It is followed by financial by financial consideration (31%) and less risk of getting smoking-related illnesses (25%). The most noticeable feature of this table is that almost twice heavy smokers cite present health problems as a reason compared to light smokers.

When it comes to the second table, it is easy to recognize that the majority of smokers questioned (71%) intended to give up, with more light smokers (79%)than heavy smokers(60%) want to give up. Over a third of smokers (30%) said they were planning to give up within the next 6 months, while only 21 and 12 per cent of those who answered they would stop within the next year and the next few months respectively. Interestingly, there are only 29 per cent smokers said they would never give up, with 40 per cent were heavy smokers and half of this figure were light ones.

Overall, the tables show that majority of smokers who were polled want to stop smoking due to health-related concern and they also ready to do that plan in the next 6 month or above.