Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, people have various kinds of need to be provided by producers. People who could see this opportunity would work hard to fulfill the people’s need by some actions such as making a good advertisement to sell the products. Some people believe that high sales of consumer needs related to the successful advertising so people tend to buy something those are not suitable with their needs. This essay would argue that advertising has big power to build product image that could change people’s mindset about the product.

Some people believe that high sales of consumer good is not the effect advertising. People know exactly what they need and search the product by using some mediums. For them, advertising is just a media to transfer product knowledge that they want to buy. People could manage well their needs and the power of advertising does not really affect people to buy.

On the other hand, the others think that high sales of consumer good is related to the successful advertising. Good advertising could change people’s mindset from “needs” to “wants” and it is already evidenced by some companies especially for hand phone devices. They compete each other to get interest from people to buy their product by using smart advertising which displays many features that is not actually the real needs of people. People would think that good mobile phone is a tools that has many functions although it is not fit with their needs.

In addition, good advertisement could build product knowledge that is related to the people life style. For example, elementary school students are using sophisticated mobile phone that is not their needs as a student. They claim that they are the people who follow the trend because they use advanced mobile phone. As a result, the sales of mobile phone could be higher because they are bought by some levels of the society.

To sum up, advertising has important role in the terms of selling goods. Advertising could change people’s mindset about the product from “needs” to “wants”.