Too much attention is paid to and too much money is spent on keeping pets, while people throughout the world are starving.•Discuss the arguments for and against keeping pets•To what extent do you agree?

Too much attention is paid to and too much money is spent on keeping pets, while people throughout the world are starving.
• Discuss the arguments for and against keeping pets
• To what extent do you agree?

We all know that, we are not the only inhabitants of the planet Earth. That’s why, many people, especially who live in rich countries care a lot about keeping pets and providing them with everything they need spending plenty of them. However, there are a lot of people who think we must use our money to help hungry people in poor countries. I think both ideas are very important and their defenders should come in consensus. I will try to explain my point of view below.

As I said above, we don’t live alone in our world and it is quite normal to think that every living creature including animals deserves the equal amount of resources, equal rights here. At that point, people who are trying to provide animals with their needs are all right. Additionally, everybody should understand that considering all the contributions of animals to us, there must be something that we give them in return.

When it comes to the defenders of the second opinions, to my mind they also have their point. As millions of citizens live in extreme poverty, enormous proportion of them starve or die of hunger, people who defend animals rights so sensitively, should think about those people’s life conditions and if possible share their extra money with those people. As we are all humans, we must attempt to create survivable life facilities for every person all over the world.

To sum it up, I think, because of the above mentioned reasons both ideas are worth value. In my opinion, possible solution to this intriguing situation might be acquired if well-off people seek to help adequately to both starving people and pets. I understand it is not easy, but if we try hard enough we can satisfy every inhabitant of world as much as possible.