You are hereTourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked.

Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked.

gireesha sharma's picture

By gireesha sharma - Posted on 08 December 2012

Tourism, holiday making and travel are frequently increasing social aspect of the world. It is a leisure activity to visit features of a place like landscape and town scape away from home but very beautiful and historical to see and admire. Many tourist want their journey to be very different and interesting so, they visit some particular places that are now termed as tourist destinations where tourist can relax and feel a sort of change from their ordinary life. These places are gaining profit in revenue by tourism and now it is becoming all time business for these places and this is forming many disadvantages to tourists.

Plan your holidays to a place is becoming a fashion these days for visitors. As they think planing long holiday trips is just to show off their money status in the society. In this business everyone involved in earning huge amount of profits such as airlines give monthly passage for a destination and these monthly criteria takes a hand full of money from tourist's pocket. The government of these places also take some charges from tourists as to ensure their visit and to make economic gain from tourism, government constantly advertises these places through media like film shooting as these are allowed if the directors agrees to show the beautiful tourist sights in their movies.

Even the small scale shops earn profits by doubling the price of product which tourists are buying and hotels too double their rates for them. Thus, this increases the economy of that place and thus, tourism is responsible for developing more hotels with larger areas, more sophisticated shops, more interesting from different agencies side. This all progress is leading to deforesting acres of land to form these facilities and that place's natural beauty is in danger of extinction.

Tourist are looted by all means in these places an crimes like robbery, murder, molestation, etc and tourist are increasing in these places day by day. Nowadays, tourist are getting alert of these incidents and they are avoiding a visit to these places.

Generally, we hear in news about decline in tourist rate in a particular place this might be the result of all these practice. I am saying we should not gain profit from tourism but we should not try illegal methods to gain more profit because it will destroy the values of the place from the international tourist destination places and also reduce your long term gain from tourism. All the disadvantages cannot be overlooked by both tourist and government, they should act accordingly.

There are many a way to success, the best known of a way success, only two ways, the first way looking for about job after school, the second way studying in university. Ahmad Abdulwarith
Writing task 1 : Factors affecting work performance between age 18-30 and 45-60. Pelegehe
People believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn and should not pay tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree? IndahLestari
Due to the new technologies and the internet, radio is going to disappear in a few years. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give you own opinion hiteshapatel151
The graph below shows in percentage terms the changing patterns of domestic access to modern technology in homes in the UK.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant naz96
Governments make rules to protect people from danger, for example by making people wear seat belts in cars or not allowing smoking in public buildings. However, many people believe there are too many rule nowadays. Discuss both these views and give your o Pelegehe
Foregin language instruction should begin in kindergarten,discuss teenaajish
The chart and graph below give information about sales and share prices for Coca-Cola.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.•You should write at least 150 words.•You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Tessy James sticky icon
A huge number of student choose to study English independently on a self-study basis rather than attend a formal course. However, without the assistance of a teacher, students often find it difficult to manage their studies.To what extent do you agree or andaihiep sticky icon
Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be paid more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of th marzieh

A friend of yours is going on a holiday and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, where you stayed, what you can do there and what Eric john sticky icon
The diagram below shows the production of steam using a gas cooled nuclear reactor Lê Kim Kiều Anh
some expert believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school ifhaa
One of your friends is planning to visit your country and asking you for some information. Write a letter to him/her and say- When the best period to visit your country is- suggest a plan for the travel- recommend places to visit in your country marzieh
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Some people think that the sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss dido272000
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Naela Mustika K...
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
The chart below shows male and female fitness membership between 1970 and 2000.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.(Study Sample) eddysuaib

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Nowadays the way people many interact with each other have changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive and negative development? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports faculties. Others, However say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. kya
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1997 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where luckysun
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The time table below shows the results of an airline survey in 2011 of economy class male and female travellers of different ages.The members show which groups ranked particular in flight features as the most important.Summarise the information by choosi josnathomas sticky icon
Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

Sentence: Many tourist want their journey to be very different and interesting so, they visit some particular places that are now termed as tourist destinations where tourist can relax and feel a sort of change from their ordinary life.
Description: The fragment tourist want their is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace tourist with tourists