You are hereTourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked.

Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked.

gireesha sharma's picture

By gireesha sharma - Posted on 08 December 2012

Tourism, holiday making and travel are frequently increasing social aspect of the world. It is a leisure activity to visit features of a place like landscape and town scape away from home but very beautiful and historical to see and admire. Many tourist want their journey to be very different and interesting so, they visit some particular places that are now termed as tourist destinations where tourist can relax and feel a sort of change from their ordinary life. These places are gaining profit in revenue by tourism and now it is becoming all time business for these places and this is forming many disadvantages to tourists.

Plan your holidays to a place is becoming a fashion these days for visitors. As they think planing long holiday trips is just to show off their money status in the society. In this business everyone involved in earning huge amount of profits such as airlines give monthly passage for a destination and these monthly criteria takes a hand full of money from tourist's pocket. The government of these places also take some charges from tourists as to ensure their visit and to make economic gain from tourism, government constantly advertises these places through media like film shooting as these are allowed if the directors agrees to show the beautiful tourist sights in their movies.

Even the small scale shops earn profits by doubling the price of product which tourists are buying and hotels too double their rates for them. Thus, this increases the economy of that place and thus, tourism is responsible for developing more hotels with larger areas, more sophisticated shops, more interesting from different agencies side. This all progress is leading to deforesting acres of land to form these facilities and that place's natural beauty is in danger of extinction.

Tourist are looted by all means in these places an crimes like robbery, murder, molestation, etc and tourist are increasing in these places day by day. Nowadays, tourist are getting alert of these incidents and they are avoiding a visit to these places.

Generally, we hear in news about decline in tourist rate in a particular place this might be the result of all these practice. I am saying we should not gain profit from tourism but we should not try illegal methods to gain more profit because it will destroy the values of the place from the international tourist destination places and also reduce your long term gain from tourism. All the disadvantages cannot be overlooked by both tourist and government, they should act accordingly.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The charts below show information about animals and rainfall at the Nboro Nature Reserve.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. wibbyal
It is believed those who have satisfaction in life are more peaceful and successful in life.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this idea? gurbaj.bajwa
Some people belive that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others,however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for commiting it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment T....T
Some people think that design of newly constructed buildings in big cities should be controlled by governments. Do you agree or disagree? devabe2005
It is generally agreed that the amount of rubbish created by humans today is a worldwide problem. What do you think are the main causes of this situation? What measure can be used to tackle the problem. alhaz
Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? hamedpa
Some people believe that competitive sports, both team and individual, have no place in the school curriculum. How far do you agree or disagree? hadi_himmel
Politics is always linked with corruption.But for whom this corruption is executed. If analyzed properly politicians do this for the corporate and corporate works for the employees and employers are part of the population. so, it is not corruption but som sim
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? sivaexam
Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay. syahid prabowo

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
In many countries it is easy to apply and to get a credit card. However credit card causes manyu problem is hard to pay back. Do you think the advantages overweigh its disadvantages? supreetkaur
the two maps below show an island before and after construction of some tourist facilities. summarise the information by selecting and reporting main features and make comparison where relevant yas

In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon

Sentence: Many tourist want their journey to be very different and interesting so, they visit some particular places that are now termed as tourist destinations where tourist can relax and feel a sort of change from their ordinary life.
Description: The fragment tourist want their is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace tourist with tourists