You are hereTourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked.

Tourism is becoming increasingly important as a source of revenue to many countries, but its disadvantages should not be overlooked.

gireesha sharma's picture

By gireesha sharma - Posted on 08 December 2012

Tourism, holiday making and travel are frequently increasing social aspect of the world. It is a leisure activity to visit features of a place like landscape and town scape away from home but very beautiful and historical to see and admire. Many tourist want their journey to be very different and interesting so, they visit some particular places that are now termed as tourist destinations where tourist can relax and feel a sort of change from their ordinary life. These places are gaining profit in revenue by tourism and now it is becoming all time business for these places and this is forming many disadvantages to tourists.

Plan your holidays to a place is becoming a fashion these days for visitors. As they think planing long holiday trips is just to show off their money status in the society. In this business everyone involved in earning huge amount of profits such as airlines give monthly passage for a destination and these monthly criteria takes a hand full of money from tourist's pocket. The government of these places also take some charges from tourists as to ensure their visit and to make economic gain from tourism, government constantly advertises these places through media like film shooting as these are allowed if the directors agrees to show the beautiful tourist sights in their movies.

Even the small scale shops earn profits by doubling the price of product which tourists are buying and hotels too double their rates for them. Thus, this increases the economy of that place and thus, tourism is responsible for developing more hotels with larger areas, more sophisticated shops, more interesting from different agencies side. This all progress is leading to deforesting acres of land to form these facilities and that place's natural beauty is in danger of extinction.

Tourist are looted by all means in these places an crimes like robbery, murder, molestation, etc and tourist are increasing in these places day by day. Nowadays, tourist are getting alert of these incidents and they are avoiding a visit to these places.

Generally, we hear in news about decline in tourist rate in a particular place this might be the result of all these practice. I am saying we should not gain profit from tourism but we should not try illegal methods to gain more profit because it will destroy the values of the place from the international tourist destination places and also reduce your long term gain from tourism. All the disadvantages cannot be overlooked by both tourist and government, they should act accordingly.

N.sethumad khammam

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The chart below shows numbers of incidents and injuries per 100 million passenger miles travelled (PMT) by transportation type in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. MisterWandering sticky icon
are computers an essential feature of modern education? What subjects can be better taught using computers? Are there aspects of an education that cannot be taught using computers? pendinggirl
It is important for travellers and business people to understand the cultures they come into contact with,however briefly.What are the main advantages of doin so?what do u think is the main disadvantage of not doing so? yas 2014
Is Social Media a trendsetter of Industrial Revolution? Pelegehe
As a result of electronic inventions such as the computer and television, people do less physical activity, and this is having a negative effect on their health.To what extent do you agree or disagree? affan baskra
You are a student at an English language school in Brighton and are living in private accommodation with other flat mates. You have not had hot water or heating for some time. The landlord’s workmen have tried to fix the problem but without success.Write sfaht1 sticky icon
Some people think that money may buy happiness although others believe money cannot buy happiness.To what extend do you agree or disagree? Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience munimuni
The graph below shows the percentage change in the nubmer of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006. (rewrite) Yora sticky icon
Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Do you agree or disagree and give reasons and examples Ramandeep Kaur
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their level of health and fitness in decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problem and what measures could be taken to solve them. Muhammad Daniyal

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Mita Puspasari IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006. lambda IELTS Writing Task I
Machine translation (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: Many tourist want their journey to be very different and interesting so, they visit some particular places that are now termed as tourist destinations where tourist can relax and feel a sort of change from their ordinary life.
Description: The fragment tourist want their is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace tourist with tourists