You are hereThe two pie charts below show changes in world population by region between 1900 and 2000

The two pie charts below show changes in world population by region between 1900 and 2000

Irene Ridson's picture

By Irene Ridson - Posted on 10 November 2013

The charts show percentage of population in the world throughout one century, from 1900 to 2000. These graphs generally represent that statistics of world population increased dramatically within that century.

First pie chart shows that the number of population in Asia was the highest among others, 60% in 1900 from total of 1600 million people in the world. Rate of Europe followed afterwards by 25%. Percentage of population in North America, Africa, Latin America, and other countries were still 15% of all world population.

Second pie chart explains that Asia remained the highest population although statistic percentage seemed down ward. It happened in Europe, that decreased almost twice percentage. Different condition with Africa and Latin America that occurred growth over twice. In 2000, when the number of world population 6 million, people in Middle-East and North Africa inclined suddenly by 6%. This condition was not surprising because it could be seen the proportion of level population rose sharply until over five times.

In a nutshell, representative of population people in the world raise throughout two period century, from 1900 to 2000.

Sample IELTS speaking: family (married person) essayking
Should Children be Taught Sex Education at School? Irene Ridson
The charts below show the number of Japanese tourists travelling abroad between 1985 and 1995 and Australia's share of Japanese tourist market. fialka
Some people are of opinion children should be rewarded for good behaviour others think that they should be punished for bad behaviour. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Naveena Gill
The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes. Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where releva maryam2900
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sports or music and others are not. However, it is sometime claimed that any child can be taught to become a good person or musician. Discuss both the views and give nikita sticky icon
Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace.Others think taht the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake,regardless of whether the course Lalayev
Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Do you agree or disagree. simarjeet
Some people believe that children's leisure activity must be educational otherwise they are a complete waste of time.Do you agree or disagree? Give reason for your answer and include any relevant example from experience. kas patel
Scientists and the news media are presenting ever more evidence of climate change. Governments cannot be expected to solve this problem. It is the responsibility of individuals to change their lifestyle to prevent further damage.What are your views? helia123

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You are writing your first letter to a pen pal. Describe your previous studies and work experience, your current activities, hobbies and interests. Tell your pen pal that you will be visiting him/her.You should write at least 150 words.You should spend ab eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Life nowadays is generally much more stressful than in the past. Give some reasons why people suffer more from stress nowadays, and say what they can do to reduce it. eddysuaib IELTS
In some parts of the world it is becoming popular to research the history of one's own family. Why might people want to do this? Is it a positive or negative development? skeet IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. nguyenkhaccuong IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Every country shod have a free health service, even if this means that the latest medical treatments may not be available through this service because they are too expensive.To what extent do you agree with this statement? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Naela Mustika K... IELTS
There are many types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important and should it be preserved or is international music that is heard everywhere nowadays more useful to a society? muthup IELTS Writing Task II

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I
Even though globalization affects the world's economics in a very positive way,its negative side should not be forgotten.Discuss dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision making positions in governments; others however disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Blackgold IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: It happened in Europe, that decreased almost twice percentage.
Description: The fragment almost twice percentage is rare