Essay topics: When a country develops its technology , the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive . To what extend do you agree or disagree?
Technology has affected and changed many aspects of our lives. Besides damaging environmental consequences, it has positively transformed our society to a more efficient and convenient place to live in. However, this has sparked a debateable question , that should old skills and ways of life be abolished since better methods are discovered?
On one hand, some believe keeping old traditions means that fewer people will utilize modern facilities and hence resulting a weaker force to drive the inventions of new discoveries. In turn, this will cause a hindrance to developments of the country and the consequence of falling behind other countries.
On the other hand, other reasoned the importance of practicing old tradition and ways of life. By doing so, means preserving the country’s origin and preserving the uniqueness of the country. This is the only way which differentiates a modern country from many other modern countries. A good example will be Vietnam , still keeping the rickshaws despites advancements of transportations . The rickshaws do not only act as a tourist attraction and create many jobs for the citizens, but also a symbol of Viet Nam.
Thus , in my opinion , I believe that countries should not abandon their own traditions and make the best effort to keep it alive .This is because it is considered as a pride of the country. However , countries should also avoid too much indulgence of the past and neglect the importance of advancing their technology in this ever changing world.
- Today , the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (75.38460000000001)
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged . Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults . Discuss both these views and give your own opinion (64.5455)
- When a country develops its technology , the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive . To what extend do you agree or disagree? (39.1667)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features , and make comparisons where relevant. (83.33329999999999)
- The chart shows the number of mobile phones and landlines per 100 people in selected countries.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information given (60)
- A government;s role is only to provide defense capability and urban infrastructure (road , water supplies...). All other services ( education , health , social security) should be provided by private groups or individuals in the community. To what extend (64)
- Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours (72.5)