When a country develops its technology the traditional skills and ways of life die out It is pointless to try and keep them alive To what extend do you agree or disagree

In contemporary society, increasing conventional skills and lifestyles have been replaced by advanced technologies. Many people insist on the view that it is not necessary to preserve them. As far as I am concerned, I tend to disagree with this contention, and I shall justify my reasons below.

First of all, traditional skills and ways of life are worth to be retained as they represent the indigenous culture and history. For instance, the home-made handiwork always bring us our childhood memories and remind us to commemorate our ancestors. It is not uncommon to see that many traditional skills and minor languages are becoming extinct because of lack of awareness of preservation. In many metropolises in different countries, we can always see young people wearing NIKE, listening music with APPLE IPOD and eating at KFC, their culture needs thousands of years of form, but just looks similar in these cities. Therefore, we should assume the responsibility to inherit our traditional skills and lifestyle in order to reinforce the cultural identity.

Secondly, conventional home-made products provide different enjoyment to people. It is undeniable that many people are being bored with branded products in the modern world as less flexibility and high similarity. For example, some traditional home-brewed beers are surprisingly popular in the local community. From this point of view, it is understandable that in today's world with massive production, traditional products increase the diversity of people's life and fulfill particular demand in the market.

In many different areas, however, technologies are contended as much better substitutions. Firstly, Email and online chatting deliver faster and instant conversation between people, which cannot be simulated by writing a letter. Another illustration is that online courses enable people to receive the same education all around the world but do not need to travel a long distance. Whereas the traditional educational system only benefits the local students. Consequently, technology development does make our lives much easier and more convenient.

In conclusion, while I concede that technology has become an indispensable part of our life, there are still merits for us to inherit our conventional skills and ways of life because that is how we show difference of our culture and we need them to refresh our materialistic life.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts