Writing task 1 : The diagram below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages om the production of silk cloth. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram below illustrates two processes that are interlinked with each other. The upper part of the diagram describes well-down by silkworm maturation whereas another part describes the production of silk cloth.

By considering the development processes of silkworm, there are four main stages in a life cycle. Firstly, moth lays eggs on mulberry leaf, after 10 days it grows to silkworm larva consuming mulberry leaf as a food. Secondly, the larva whirl silk thread around itself during period of 4-6 weeks. Finally, after 3-8 days it results in a white bed like structure called cocoon.

Comparatively, there are five main steps involved in production of silk cloth. Cocoon is collected and boiled through water. Afterwards, boiling it is untangled , which gives off 300-900 m long thread. Resuming the process by twisting the thread and finally it could be stained before or after weaving.