Writing task 2 You should spend about 40minutes on this task. Write about the following topic:In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experien

Writing task 2
You should spend about 40minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable work experience, important for learning and taking responsibility.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.

In the past, children working to earn some pocket money were considered diligent, whereas, today, the same issue may be interpreted as child labour. The degree of work involved may determine if it is correct or wrong. In this essay, I will further elaborate on my notions on both sides.

First of all, our society has a range of socioeconomics family. Some families are less fortunate and do not have a lot of financial reserve to begin with. The parents may not be highly educated, hence has low income for the family. They may see it as a responsibility of the eldest child of the family to help to support the younger siblings, by giving up the child’s education and work full-time. In this case, paid work for the young child is incorrect.

On the other hand, a child may take up a part-time job during school holidays to earn some pocket money. In this scenario, it becomes a valuable lesson for the child. During the working life, one will understand the value of money and learn to spend money wisely. In addition, it may also serve as a valuable experience for the child in the future.

In conclusion, a child giving up education to work full-time to support the family is wrong, whereas a child taking a part-time job to earn some pocket money and gaining experiences should be supported.

Minimum 250 words wanted.