You are a student at an English language school in Brighton and are living in private accommodation with other flat mates You have not had hot water or heating for some time The landlord s workmen have tried to fix the problem but without success Write a

You are a student at an English language school in Brighton and are living in private accommodation with other flat mates. You have not had hot water or heating for some time. The landlord’s workmen have tried to fix the problem but without success.

Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter:
• state your reason for writing
• describe the problems and explain how you feel
• propose a solution and risk the landlord to take action

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am student at Prince John School and living in Robin accommodation. The reason I am writing to you is we do not have hot water or heating for ten days.

Ten days ago, because of heavy snow heating system shutting down. We several called you, but you never answer your phone. Seven days ago, finally you answer your phone and promised to send a technician immediately to solve the problem. After two days, technician came. He tried to fix heating system but he could not. He said because of failure maintain of heating system, it was not work no longer and the landlord must order new heating system.

You can imagine how unhappy we were to discover we do not have hot water for uncertain future. Besides, the weather still cold and it is very hard to use cold water for cooking or washing or taking a I believe this matter deserved your urgent attention. Also we want thirty percent discount on our rent for during time we do not have hot water.

Yours faithfully,
Mari

Sentence: I am student at Prince John School and living in Robin accommodation.
Description: A verb 'to be', present tense, 1st person singular is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to am and student

Sentence: The reason I am writing to you is we do not have hot water or heating for ten days.
Description: The token is is not usually followed by a pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to is and we

Sentence: We several called you, but you never answer your phone.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, post-determiner
Suggestion: Refer to We and several